Roadie content...Finally going with Campy!!!- Mtbr.com
    Weight Weenie Shop Owner

Roadie content...Finally going with Campy!!!

I decided to go Camy now that I can get a great deal!!!
    I will be going Chorus with Shifters, FD Braze-on, SC RD and 11-23.

The new wheels wil be 1340-1410g depending on my rim choice.

Anyone off the top of thier head know who much I will save the from the save items in Shimano Ultegra??

I hoping to save at least 150-250g. This will hopefully get my LS down to just about 15lbs with the new carbon saddle. I am @ 15.17lbs before the Campy stuff and a 145g carbon saddle.

Now I have an excuse to get a new Italian frame to match for my birthday this summer. Maybe a MASI ;-)
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com
    The Largest Site Dedicated to Light Weight Bikes and Sales
    Twitter: @lightbikes_com

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

What won't work as well???

shifting wise? I never used campy, but wnated to try it.
    Yah the Campy files can be nuts. I think Shimano is great and have no issues with Ultegra or DA, except for the rattle in my 9 speed shifters.

Many have said Shimano is lighter to the tough shifting wise, but campy feels a little more positive. Kinda of like RF is to GS shifting.

What do you don't like about campy shifting? Yes the thumb thing is different, but I am rarley in the drops, and have a idea from riding Sora shifters.

I am going Campy because I will get a better deal, lighter and re-buildable.
    Also I don't need/want 10spd, but 9spd parts are fading and must new stuff is 10spd.

Kinda of like 26.0 is fading really fast for road bikes when it comes to stems and bars. Found a Aero Top bar (Zipp B2) finally in 26.0!!
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com
    The Largest Site Dedicated to Light Weight Bikes and Sales
    Twitter: @lightbikes_com

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Scary
    The shifting is alot notchier and the thumb shifter has a very "plasticy" feel. I do ride in the drops alot and it is definitely a different feel to throw your thumb up there to shift. But I would probably run it over Shimano just because...
    I prefer 10 spd. on the road, the tighter ratios are really nice.
    it shifts as precise as DA but as you said has a more positive feel to it. shimano seems like a half automatic transmission where Campa is like a racing transmission.

you will save almost 200g in the nice ergopower shifters alone!

Gio - these days you can find Campa Record 9s cheap. especially the rear derailleur is a beauty!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0