removing the padding of a saddle... Completly ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

removing the padding of a saddle... Completly ?

Is it possible to keep just the plastic sheel of a saddle and conserve a minimum of confort (Realy the minimum)

I have a wtb laser v lying arround and i would be ready to try it... I just want to be sure that the plastic shell we have the actual shape of a saddle...

If someone have done it or have pics of anyone who did it that would realy help me...

I am at school now but tonight i will do it, if you guy confirm to me that it could work ?

How much it would weight ? 100g ? (It have crmo rail)

That's right....
    a couple of people have done it with SLR saddles and have had good luck. fortunately the plastic shell of the SLRs are very similar to the original shape.
    the WTBs have a lot more padding and id say that the plastic shell is probably pretty different than the original. plus, the SLRs are designed to flex, thats were the "comfort" comes from, not in the padding.
    the WTBs offer decent padding and thats were they hope to make it comfortable, not in the flex.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaclocker
    Is it possible to keep just the plastic sheel of a saddle and conserve a minimum of confort (Realy the minimum)

I have a wtb laser v lying arround and i would be ready to try it... I just want to be sure that the plastic shell we have the actual shape of a saddle...

If someone have done it or have pics of anyone who did it that would realy help me...

I am at school now but tonight i will do it, if you guy confirm to me that it could work ?

How much it would weight ? 100g ? (It have crmo rail)
    Not feasible with most saddles. The shells alone are not comfortable.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

That's right....
    here - i found the pics i was thinking of....

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I also have a sella italia saddle (slr style) we can clearly ses the shape of the plastic shell...

Maybe pics would help ? I would realy like to do it (I don't care about confort...)

How much the saddle with hole, just over my post weight ?^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by Megaclocker; 01-19-2006 at 04:33 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0