Nino, did Shurter use the eclipse tubeless set at WC?- Mtbr.com
    dot
    mtbr member

Nino, did Shurter use the eclipse tubeless set at WC?

He is on the swisspower team with Frischi, does he use it?
    He flatted twice in the race and lost his victory.

banned

i don't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by dot
    i just missed the report on swiss TV yesterday where they showed the "tragedy"...i definitely don't think he used Eclipse though. i should get the info soon.

Recovering couch patato
    But Frischi used tubular Dugasts, so he didn't really use the Eclipse system either, now did he? Maybe a bit of sealent in this tubulars, but hardly a "system"?
    His tubs look hot, but so narrow for their weight. I'm amazed to read it flats so rarely, when crosstubes flat like all the time in comparison, on smooth muddy soil. I'd love to have something slightly wider in 700c, that makes SO much more sense to me...

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

hey nino...

where is the follow up????????????? kinda like how you just let this one slide
    so as not to discredit the eclipse system. if this had been a stan's failure
    you would have been the first to jump all over it!!!!!!

banned

no, he didn't use it...

Quote Originally Posted by peabody
    where is the follow up????????????? kinda like how you just let this one slide
    so as not to discredit the eclipse system. if this had been a stan's failure
    you would have been the first to jump all over it!!!!!!
    sorry, i forgot about this thread.
    but the answer is NO, he didn't use the kit. once again a rider that spent too much on his bike, it seems too much brainpower got lost...some won't never learn enough. this is just plain stupid!

Sauser also had to change his front wheel as he had serious air-loss in a techical descent. i don't know if he was riding Stans or UST though. he is swapping tires all the time. the change didn't have anby influence though as also Absalon had to visit the pits at the same time.

Recovering couch patato
    I wonder, why did you guys all walk in Eclipse Worldchampion t-shirts, when maybe Frischi just used a bit of good in his totally non-Eclipse wheels/tires? Did Gunn-Rita Dale ride Eclipse then?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    he used frischi wheels, carbon+dugast and flatted twice.......hmmm
    check this link: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/ph...pic.php?t=8813

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

nino kills me....

if that guy has no financial interest in eclipse then why...

a-is he always at eurobike in the booth
    b-was he always trying to discredit stans product and push his

he should be a used car salesman, everything he has or uses is the best
    and he has no issues ever with any of it.

what a tool

MaL*size=
    Quote Originally Posted by peabody
    if that guy has no financial interest in eclipse then why...

a-is he always at eurobike in the booth
    b-was he always trying to discredit stans product and push his

he should be a used car salesman, everything he has or uses is the best
    and he has no issues ever with any of it.

what a tool
    nino intentions are very clear in my opinion.

Ive bought from him several times. All components i bought from him broke down, except tune housing which did not broke but they are ********...

mtbr member
    malol why don't you go cry to someone who cares. It seems to be that your searching this forum to find ways to shut down nino. HMMMM
    -mpap

MaL*size=
    Nino shuts down himself.

By the way, who is crying? me? or maybe its you????

Sometimes I wonder what the hell am i doing writting here such a stupid things. But then when i read nino, didier and your posts its so funny i can not stop. Are you all swiss or you are just friends?

I enjoyed when nino tried to sell those light taiwanese BB. He sold lots of them, he said they were very reliable. He even managed to make a 100gr version. He said it was a very good BB, and the frm one was very bad... A 100gr isis BB reliable!!!!!. Who is ridiculous? Me? Sorry but this is so funny for me... Its like a drug.

I also remember when he tried to defend his crapy cassette lock ring...

Nino never has issues with his parts. Never. This is not strange, its impossible to have issues with your bike components if you do not use them. Or if you use your mtb in asphalt...

Sometimes I wonder why nino writes here so much and not in the weight weenies forum. It seems to me that:

1) He can sell european or taiwan components to usa riders...

2) Weight weenies users have much more light components knowledge than people in this forum, so its really difficult to sell things there. But here its really easy.

3) He is allowed to sell things here (he do not use to pay for clasifieds) because he keeps this forum alive.

And i could be writting more things, but i will get banned. And that is something you will never achieve. Better luck next time guys.

banned

oh boy....

Quote Originally Posted by MaL�L
    Nino shuts down himself.

By the way, who is crying? me? or maybe it�s you????

Sometimes I wonder what the hell am i doing writting here such a stupid things. But then when i read nino, didier and your posts it�s so funny i can not stop. Are you all swiss or you are just friends?

I enjoyed when nino tried to sell those light taiwanese BB. He sold lots of them, he said they were very reliable. He even managed to make a 100gr version. He said it was a very good BB, and the frm one was very bad... A 100gr isis BB reliable!!!!!. Who is ridiculous? Me? Sorry but this is so funny for me... It�s like a drug.

I also remember when he tried to defend his crapy cassette lock ring...

Nino never has issues with his parts. Never. This is not strange, it�s impossible to have issues with your bike components if you do not use them. Or if you use your mtb in asphalt...

Sometimes I wonder why nino writes here so much and not in the weight weenies forum. It seems to me that:

1) He can sell european or taiwan components to usa riders...

2) Weight weenies users have much more light components knowledge than people in this forum, so it�s really difficult to sell things there. But here it�s really easy.

3) He is allowed to sell things here (he do not use to pay for clasifieds) because he keeps this forum alive.

And i could be writting more things, but i will get banned. And that is something you will never achieve. Better luck next time guys.
    i wiill once again tell everyone some facts:

I was in contact with Stan himself years ago when he sent his "tubeless-instructions" via e-mail for free. it worked sosolala but was such a pain in the a$$ to install and it wasn't reliable. i was talking to Stan fore and aft and looking for ways to improve the product so more people could take profit. that's when my best friend also started thinking about it, soon doing his 1st samples of the later called Eclipse Tubelesskits. i sure stopped with Stan and we intensified the search for a solution on the "Eclipse kit". during some biking holidays i got in contact with friends of Frischi and they were so impressed about my converted wheels they contacted Frischi. already the next week i converted Frischis race wheels and he won races that way. that was long before Stan started selling his rimstrips.
    my friend is the owner of Eclipse. i have nothing to do with it but i'm sure kind of "inflicted". i'm capable of many languages (german,english,french,italian) and i know about anything in bicycles and can express it in these languages too so that's why i help him out at Eurobike. you need to talk to international public so i'm the man there. but all business is done by my friend Andy. i don't take a cent other than free-kits for myself and sure a good price on the kits i sell direct. but that's it!

about the yellow shirts: they are 2 years old.Frischi became worldchampion in 2003 using Eclipse Tubelesskits.

now my friend Malol:

-my tuned 104g BB lasts. i did have severe problems with my FRM i had before so i got this scandium BB. the BB is installed in my roadbike and turns as smooth as ever after ca. 3'000km. (yes - i do ride my bikes). i sold many of them and several guys bought a second one for their friends or girlfriends bike...i personally don't use ISIS on my MTB as so far no ISIS BB seems to last. as you might know i still use a square Ti-BB on my MTB.

-i sure have issues with parts but i don't blame the manufacturer if it's not his fault: i had my pre-production 39g Tune concorde cracked and i also reported about it here. now i got a regular 45g version and it's ok. my Extralite headset had a destroyed upper bearing and needed some replacement. reason was a faulty a-head bolt that got stripped before. but that's about it if i remember right. all the rest is performing great. such a light bike sure needs more maintenance than let's say a typical XT bike but that's part of the game, that's my hobby.

-yes i sell bike parts. what's your problem here? i have some very attractive prices too and many enthusiasts take profit. i am a source for the enthusiast as i know about anything that has to do with light weight and i can get almost anything. you know well how time consuming it is to search parts on the net. i have my connections worldwide so i offer my advice and knowledge to people here. take it or not. it's up to you.

-your lockring was a brandnew one from Marchisio.. if you don't realize that you can't torque down as hard as on a steel lockring it's not my fault....a lockring doesn't need to be torqued that hard. a capable mechanic would have seen that you have to be more careful with it. you stripped the thread. so it's your fault. we had that before.

-did you have a look at the classifieds lately? you could find my ads of Eclipse Tubelesskit, 207g Exustar Titanium Pedals and aluminium cassettes. i was once told to make classified ads and that's what i did. no problem.

anything else you want to know?
    Last edited by nino; 09-08-2005 at 11:11 PM.

MaL*size=
    nino, you are the best bike seller in the world...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    This forum is definitely not a good place to listen interestant things...

Pffff...

Let's talk about parts and go away with personnal problems. Please. This forum starts to die slowly...

banned

agree...

Quote Originally Posted by olibabe
    This forum is definitely not a good place to listen interestant things...

Pffff...

Let's talk about parts and go away with personnal problems. Please. This forum starts to die slowly...
    if some people here only try to insult others it makes reading the "news" un-interesting. too bad.

banned

details on Schurter's wheels....

Quote Originally Posted by dot
    i got the info from a member of Swisspower Team which also raced in Livigno and he said Nino Schurter used Ritchey Tubular wheels just like Frischknecht does. however those rims still are pre-production items and it seems they had a bad finish: one sidewall of the rim was a couple of mm higher which seems to have caused several snakebites to the inner tube of the tubular on that particualr side (front + rear!). first the front end got a slow air loss which Schurter tried to cover by applying more weight to the rear, but that on the other hand got him also a flat on the rear wheel. they run those tubulars at 2.2 bars/32 psi . he had to carry the bike to the pits where they changed wheels but he lost too much time doing so eventually finishing "down" in 3rd in the end. still a great result for the youngest rider in the U-23 field.

just a sidenote: those carbon tubular wheelsets (wheels+tires comined) are 400g heavier than regular wheels with Eclipse and WCS tires!