My new Primavera 1316g campy wheels are on the way- Mtbr.com
    Weight Weenie Shop Owner

My new Primavera 1316g campy wheels are on the way

yes it's Roadie content.

The Wheels are Primavera hubs/ Nobium 350 24mm Aero rims (Same manufactor and rims as the AC 350) 24/28h with DT Aerolite spokes, radila front and Radial NGS and 2X GS.

I will post some pics as soon as they arrive! They were built and weighed this morning by my builder.

As soon a I mount the campy stuff, I will be down to around 14.5lbs!!
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com
    The Largest Site Dedicated to Light Weight Bikes and Sales
    Twitter: @lightbikes_com

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

I agree to a certain point...

yes general road ridng and espically here in flat Florida, a lighter bike is not going to be a bif difference. It's more for fune with me, but a the same time having a durable and nice ride.

Now if you are climbing alot or racing, having those lighter wheels and bike will help. But again the average person riding for the hell of it. it's not going to be a big differnce.

Again for me it's more of the hobby part of it. If these wheels give me any issues, then I am gong back to beefier wheels.
    I will look into those tires.
    I am happy with my Scwalbe Stelvio Lights and the Evolution tires, but some sweet high tpi tires like that will be sweet for the 3 century rides I am doing between Feb and March.

I would love to go Tubular, but the cost and no idea how to deal with all the gluing turned my off.

BTW: I tried a Campy equipped bike this weeknd and I did notice a few things that Shimano had an advanatge...

• Shimano's FD shifter smoother and easier than Campy. But I don't leave the bgig ring much here, so no big deal.
    • I DO prefer the lighter action touch with Shimano shifting and how the shifters work in general. I don't care for the Thumb shifting on the Campy, but I am rarley in the drops so no big deal.
    • Camp hood fit my hands way better than Shimano or just feel better riding on the hoods.
    • DA10 has a 12-21, Camp does not . I am goign to use a Campy 11-13
    • Shimano parts are more and easier availabe and less mechs are Campy knowledgeable. Good thing is I can do 99% of my own tuning and building and my fav LBS in really into Camp .
    Campy shifting to my feels kinda like SRAM GS feels to Shimano's RF.
    A little more precise and firm. DA10 like RF is just smoother and easier.

Also i like that Campy can be rebuilt and it's Italian.
    Overall I like the looks and general feel to Camp, for me. BUT as you and other know Shimano DA10 is sweet and the Ultegra 10 I rode a while back is not slouch.

I guess it come down to a personal preference to hood feel and shifting style.
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

Trail rider and racer
    Dirtboy, I for one can't wait to see your wheels. I will be interested to see how they perform for you and too what they look like!
    Trev!

Trail rider and racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Scary
    On the road you will notice less of the weight savings (look over on RoadbikeReview where a guy built a 13.8 lb. Orbea Orca and stated that besides it feeling lighter to carry up and down stairs he didn't notice a difference). Road riding is much more flowing and you don't have the start/stop that you do on a mountain bike. Get a set of open tubulars (ie Vittoria or Veloflex) if you use clinchers. That will affect your ride more than weight savings on the road.

Enjoy your Campy.
    I agree somewhat. You can ride a tank (tt rig with all the nice parts) on flat and ride a light weight bike (made for the mountains) on the flat and no really notice the weight difference, but still when you get to the hills the difference tends to become more apparent.
    Trev!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Cycle Dynamics make Campy Cassettes in 12-21 AFAIK. I have an 11-21, and a 12-23 from them, and the nice thing is you can mix and match cogs, as each is individual.

The other great thing the about these cassettes, They're all ti, about 40g lighter than Record, and cheaper.

mtbr member
    I wanna hear more about these Primavera hubs. And if L-B sells them seperately?
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies.

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

Here is some info on the hubs...

Part of the design brief for Primavera hubs was that they be competative in weight and design features as any of the top end hubs available, so they have all the features, with a low weight, and a good lifespan with some features that I wanted, like our through-axle design, which takes the side loads off the hub bearings and allows a bigger axle. Larger axle diameter makes for a stiffer hub, longer bearing life, and smoother rolling. I think we did that, plus it's easy to change cassette body without tools, something that's not very common. If I didn't think the hubs were any good, I wouldn't sell them.

Our hubs have four bearings in the rear, two in front, o versize internally relieved axles, three pawls, multiple seals, and forged shells (forged shells are stronger than CNC ones).

These will be available in Road and MTB (V-brake and Disc) versions. Once I get more info and ride my hubs, info will be on the site and the MTBR Classifieds.

Last edited by DIRT BOY; 01-21-2006 at 09:34 AM.
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

What models should I look for?

I would like to get a higher TPI tires than my Schwalbe for 75+ mile rides.
    I amnot too sure what open tubular means. Is this like Tufo clincher tubulars?
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

What models should I look for?

I would like to get a higher TPI tires than my Schwalbe for 75+ mile rides.
    I amnot too sure what open tubular means. Is this like Tufo clincher tubulars?
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

Thanks! I saw the open cora and thought that was it....

I has some tires from the before (Rubino) and were pretty nice, but nothign special. I love my Schwalbe for grip and punture restistance, but the Light is only a 120 as the evolution tires.

I am going to try the Vittorias'!
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

Members who have read this thread: 0