My light bikes AMP, Klein, Specialized, Mountain Cycle...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

My light bikes AMP, Klein, Specialized, Mountain Cycle...

While fixing up the bikes today I decided to take some pictures. I have built all three bikes "accept the Mountain Cycle" however the amp is my personal ride. Here are some new pics for those who are interested.

This is a 95 specialized FSR sport buit from the frame up. The idea was to have a really nice bike for not a lot of money. Currently it is in need of a decent rear shock. Weight is roughly 26 pounds.

The crank has the N standing for Nashbar. Its not the lightest but its unique.

This bike was the most fun to build. The idea was to keep weight very low keep the price under $1000 for everything. The bike was built in 98-99. The rims are Bontrager red and weigh less than 380g actual. The rear hub was an LX but I used a TI axel and alu spacers to save weight. The pedals are odyesy svelte with TI axels from my old Onzas. The fork is Titanium anodised TiDye! Crank is a purple Toopline. Frame weight with steel axel BB is 1670g. As shown I believe this bike is under 18 pounds.

Here is my personal ride. Weight is under 20 pound most of the time depending on tires. You can click my signature for details!

Here is the frame I am thinking about using but not quite sure about.

Here is my former "sniff" BMX bike. It was a beautiful thing. Weight was about 25 pounds. Yeah thats light for this type of beast.

Last edited by Bender; 08-06-2005 at 05:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    cool stuff, very retro too.

6x7=Dont Panic!
    Very nice bikes man. I really like that fork on the Klein. Who made it?
    Herro prease

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMantra
    Very nice bikes man. I really like that fork on the Klein. Who made it?
    I wish I knew. I got it from a guy in Taiwan who said it was an engineering sample. I am sure XACD could copy it but I dont know if they can do Ty Dye. The ride is awsome. It feals like mini suspension. A TI bar to match the TI stem and fork would make the ride even sweeter.

Members who have read this thread: 0