Most comfortable Weight Weenie saddle?! Please Let me know!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Most comfortable Weight Weenie saddle?! Please Let me know!

I know everyone's rear end saddle preference is different but I'm trying to get a better idea which saddle to consider buying..

I hate my Selle Italia SLR XC Kevlar (2006) that came stock on my Scott Scale! but I loved the 2001 Selle italia SLR full leather ti rail that I purchased separatly when building my last bike. I can't understand why there is such a big difference? Although in 5 years, things do change.

I find now, no matter how much I ride, or how little, after every ride, my nuts, and just under my nuts, and my sit bones hurt very much! to the point I have to take at least a few days off before I can ride again!

Please advise what I should do! I would really appreciate any advice or oppinions!

Rod
    mtbr member
    My sit bones were hurting after every ride on a San Marco saddle I had. I'm temporarily running a speed V and although it weighs almost a pound my problem is solved and I'm riding more and pain free. Back on topic, if I was you I would try to find a wider seat that has an area cut out. WTB rocket V SLt or something like that weighs in at 210 grams and I've been wanting to give that a try, it's also the same width as the speed v, whenever I get some money saved up. It's 130mm wide by the way. I hope this helps.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    No it does help very much! thank you!

what about the specialized PHENOM SL SADDLE?? does anyone have experience with specialized saddles?

Rod
    mtbr member
    No problem. Also pull out a tapeline and measure your current saddle so you'll be sure not to buy one the same width.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    great idea!

I think the kevlar sides really cause a lot of the problem... rubbing up against tougher edges, or stiching... the saddle not being completely smooth affects some people's bums. ??? i dunno?

No longer 26
    Get fitted at a specialized or bontrager dealer. Find the lightest saddle you can that matches the width that you need. That is what I did.

I was fitted at a spec dealer and fell between the 143 and 155 widths. Bought a 155 Avatar and LOVED the sit bone part but it was a bit wide at the nose for me. Found that the Bontrager WSD Race Lite (210 grams) was about 150 mm wide but the nose was narrower. No cut out but the center had a depression. I now ride them on all my bikes except my SS. That has a heavy WTB Pure V that fits great as well.

G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexyblackbmw

what about the specialized PHENOM SL SADDLE?? does anyone have experience with specialized saddles?
    I use a specialized toupe (almost the same as the phenom.) Love it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    SO best thing is to get fitted now for a saddle rather then guessing which one to buy!? makes perfect sense! thanks guys!

No longer 26
    SO best thing is to get fitted now for a saddle rather then guessing which one to buy!? makes perfect sense! thanks guys!
    Yeah, you may or may not get a perfect fit on the first saddle you buy. You will be close though and it will help you narrow them down much faster and for less $$$$.

Good Luck.
    G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

I have Toupe and Toupe SL saddles on my road and track bikes, and Phenom and Phenom SL saddles on my FS and singlespeed. A Toupe on a mtb was a little rough, but the phenim is perfect. I'm considering stocking up on a couple of them just incase they decide to stop making them. As for shape, they are perfect for me. My legs give out now before my butt gets sore. I can't praise those saddles enough. Everyone has a different shape, but I've been very pleased with them

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks G!

mtbr member
    The Fizik Aliante Carbon is the most comfortable weight weenie saddle I have found. It comes in at around 185 to 195 grams. It is not cheap, usually around $250, but I can ride 8 hour marathon races on it without discomfort.
    Join For Free Beginner Bicycle ,new social network for new cyclists. Win $140 Giro Sunglasses. Videos, Contests, Events.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Tune speedneedle is by far the most comfy lightweight saddle i have found

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    some of you guys have balls of steal!

Dirt Abuser
    E3 Form Titanium from Performance... 188gm, $50

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I'll second the Speedneedle. Damn comfy!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Speedneedle Marathon is the comfiest for me!

mtbr member
    Specialized Toupe. Go to a dealer and get your sits-bones measured and buy one in the correct width for you. BY FAR the most comfortable saddle I have ever owned or sat on!
    - Just livin' the dream -

FIRENZE rulez !!
    after 4 years of SLR 125 gr , i try a TECKNOLOGIKA 99 gr for 1 year, then C64 88 gr

always SELLE ITALIA

riding USA bikes as Cannondale , i must take care of homeland ....

More Torque
    Quote Originally Posted by Bail_Monkey
    E3 Form Titanium from Performance... 188gm, $50
    I bought one of those for my brother for X-mas, and unfortunately, the shell near the nose of the saddle cracked (perpendicular to the bike) after about 5 rides. Performance has a great satisfaction guarantee, though.

I swear by the original Selle Italia Flite Ti. I tried a few variants (SLR XP, Flite with carbon rails, Flite Ti Gel, etc.) and none has been as comfortable.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I'm a Flite guy as well. I put a Flite TT (claimed 165g) on my new MTB and was very happy on my first outing with it.

Members who have read this thread: 0