Illuminati

Lightweight Saddle Rail Replacement parts for Fox Transfer Post?

Hi All
    I appreciate the Fox Transfer post is fairly new, but has anyone tried the J&L carbon lower seat rails clamp, to see if it fits please?

While on topic. I really rate the Transfer post. previous posts of reverb/crank bros joplin/fox doss/specialized command & vastly prefer the Transfer

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    While not helping with the topic, I'm interested to know what it is about the Transfer that you prefer to all the other posts you mentioned. Reliability is obviously too early to judge, so what is it that distinguishes it from those other posts?

Illuminati
    the crank bros, like the majority of their products imho fell apart & needed warranty repair within a few rides (received a new post, then sold it). the doss was totally reliable, but the remote lever action was pretty heavy, I didnt love the ergonomics of the remote & I prefer infinite adjustment, rather than 3 fixed positions. the reverb, of which I had a few, worked fine for months, then would have issues, either sinking into travel, very slow return, leaking etc, when returned for a service I'd get a new 1 under warranty (which happened a few times). which sounds fine, but out of 6months, 1 month I'd be without a post. the full hydraulic remote is also a PITA compared to cable. esp during installation & removal.
    obviously everyone has different experiences of different products, but thats my experience.

so far the lateral movement of the Transfer is tiny compared to all the others I mentioned. I really like the ergonomics of the new remote lever & its exceptionally light action. by partially depressing the lever you can micro adjust the height, both going up & down, far more so than you could with the reverb. installation was also very easy & faster than fitting a stealth reverb. in the work stand I didnt like the audible noise the transfer makes when fully extended & fully compressed, but on the trail I really appreciate it. so far, so good.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Sounds good, in fact very similar to my experience with the YEP Uptimizer. Maybe the Transfer is The post, if it proves itself to be reliable.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Try sending a message to j&l asking them if it fits. I asked them the same question about my Thomson post and they came back with the answer(no) in only 24hrs
    "you must do what you feel is right of course"

Illuminati
    ok, thanks for info

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I have a SMUD carbon lower cradle, POP Yokes and Ti bolts which fit a Thomson Masterpiece. If you can verify the Transfer is the same then I'd happily sell

Illuminati
    thanks. a friend of mine has a smud lower clamp that I hoped would fit my old reverb (but didnt). I hope to check this weekend