mtbr member

Lightweight parts for KS integra dropper post?

I have the KS LEV integra 30.9 392mm/125mm dropper. It came on my bike last november and I did not notice it was an integra vs the KS LEV ti dropper since I was so excited to get the bike I have been building since last july. Anyways, are there carbon fiber mast heads and Ti mast head bolts I can buy that are like the ones KS use's on their LEV dropper? Are there light weight cable systems as well?

LEV | KS Suspension

Checked out fair wheel bikes and found nothing.

Cockpit & Seating - Seatposts - Fair Wheel Bikes

Thanks.
    Last edited by gks333; 08-17-2016 at 12:43 PM.
    2015 Pivot Mach 4. XX1, Guide ultimate, NOX wheels, Next SL, KS LEV integra dropper. 24.63lbs

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Art's and Universal Cycles sell the lightweight Recourse cable. But not seeing the carbon clamp or Ti bolts. Email KS and see if maybe they sell them separately.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    The Lev head looks similar to the YEP post. I plan on modding mine, info here
    http://forums.mtbr.com/weight-weenie...d-1007622.html
    I have my Yep working with a Power Cordz cable, looks like the Lev would work with it as well.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. Can purchase the recourse cables. Now just need to verify the parts for mast head.
    2015 Pivot Mach 4. XX1, Guide ultimate, NOX wheels, Next SL, KS LEV integra dropper. 24.63lbs

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    You can save weight on any twin bolt head post with j&l seatpost yokes for a very good g/cash ratio.available on eBay.
    "you must do what you feel is right of course"

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I didn't see any Yokes that were listed as compatible with the KS Lev Integra seatposts. Do you have a link?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gks333 View Post
    I have the KS LEV integra 30.9392mm/125mm drop. It came on my bike last november and I did not notice it was an integra vs the KS LEV ti dropper since I was so excited to get the bike I have been building since last july. Anyways, are there carbon fiber mast heads and Ti mast head bolts I can buy that are like the ones KS use's on their LEV dropper? Are there light weight cable systems as well?
    Thanks.
    Cables:
    Powercordz are the closest but I'd stick to a standard inner. The attachment at the post end with a fibre cable isn't the most durable.
    Quaxar make a super cheap outer cable which will be the same as the Lev Ci

Bolts:
    Ti directly compatible ones are available cheaply on ebay

Remote:
    You can buy the carbon one. Crank Brothers make the next lightest remote (Kronolog) and you keep the more "shifter" operation and feel with the CB one.

Clamp lower:
    No alternative that I could find quickly as it needs to fit correctly in the post for the dropper to work and seems to be an unusual radius. MCFK make lower cradles in almost every imaginable radius so that would be what I'd try although I don't expect it to work.

Clamp upper:
    I'm not sure on a fancy upper being available aftermarket
    Yokes don't seem like a good idea since the bolts are almost at 45 degrees rather than perpendicular to the saddle rails like they are designed for. I've thought about using yokes and connecting them together with a middle pin (with them rotated correctly of course) but just never gotten around to trying it.

Buy the Ti bolts and the plastic outer cable and you'll have most of the weight loss for not many $$$

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmanxj View Post
    Art's and Universal Cycles sell the lightweight Recourse cable. But not seeing the carbon clamp or Ti bolts. Email KS and see if maybe they sell them separately.

The recourse cable is a POS. It's not sturdy and will fall apart on you. I went back to the heavier derailleur cable because if my dropper stops working during a wide, that would make me a sad panda.

mtbr member
    I remember awhile back I compared the remotes between the cheap plastic E-ten version and the carbon one from my LEV-ti. IIRC the plastic one was a good bit lighter. If you search my SN I bet you can dig it up.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb