KCNC VB1 Brake Set. What cable system are you using?- Mtbr.com
    1 bike per day + 1 or 2
    Sep 2005

KCNC VB1 Brake Set. What cable system are you using?

I am going to be changing over my brakes to my single speed build and currently have standard housing and cables and Nokon cable set to use on the build but would like to know if I should be running Alligator Ilink instead.

If you own these brakes, what are you using and do you have pictures of the set up?

Cheers.

banned

i-link

Quote Originally Posted by bdc88
    I am going to be changing over my brakes to my single speed build and currently have standard housing and cables and Nokon cable set to use on the build but would like to know if I should be running Alligator Ilink instead.

If you own these brakes, what are you using and do you have pictures of the set up?

Cheers.
    get Alligator i-links. much lighter and better in just every other aspect than the Nokons as well
    Attached Images Attached Images

1 bike per day + 1 or 2
    Sep 2005
    Nino,

Do you have a picture of the rear brake. The reason that I ask is that the front is easy to do without the noodle but I am a bit worried that the rear will stick out too far and I will hit it while riding.

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I have the pictures taken but no memory card reader at my disposal right this minute to upload them. I ended up using the noodle on my rear brake with the I-links. It did stick out too far for my liking without it.

If you're free this afternoon, and feel like a ride/drive to the Costco on King George, I work right behind it, and have my bike here with me to ride home tonight. I just PM'd you my cell phone number if you feel like coming by to have a look.

pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownCivic
    I have the pictures taken but no memory card reader at my disposal right this minute to upload them.
    Your camera is a memory card reader, so long as you have a USB cable handy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by f3rg
    so long as you have a USB cable handy.
    I didn't.

excalibur

Cables

I'm using Aican, a new cable system I purchased on ebay. Has a lightweight outer cable (housing) and 'Nano' coated inner, similar to Teflon. I can confirm this coating is very slick and the housings saved me 88g on a F&R installation.
    System consists og KCNC VB-1 levers, BB7 calipers with semi metallic alloy backed pads and full Titanium fastener hardware, and the Aican cable set which I can recommend.

Members who have read this thread: 0