FRM Airway Tricarbon 85 SSV fork- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

FRM Airway Tricarbon 85 SSV fork

Hi guys,

Has anyone ever used this fork on their mtbs?

It is a 2008 model.

I need reviews on this particular fork as I really like the colour scheme and the weight...

Past reviews in recent years weren't very favourable though... problems like horrible rebond, leaking oil valves and lousy 'terralogic' technology seemed to plague this fork. It "seems" to have improved but I wish to hear it from users out there.

Hope to have some comments from anyone out there.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

don't bother

like most FRM products.... pretty light, pretty altogether but pretty....unreliable...
    that fork works like a RS mag 20 or worse....
    we use to import FRM products to Switzerland, hubs are the worse in the industry...about.
    i remember a 10 km ride with a brand new wheelset and it died on me in the middle of the forrest, great. plus FRM doesn't help much, basically once it is in your hands, it become your problem... i have seen over 80 % of their hubset, rear one especially breaking at some point or another within the first few months of "normal" use. i'm 120 pounds.......
    Forget FRM, go for a RS SID WC, nino can make you a 1100 gr, page him.

rd3
    mtbr member
    Stay away from the FRM forks. I've rode the FRM 29er fork and don't really have anything good to say about it. Not really even that light. Many much better forks out there.

Members who have read this thread: 0