Carbon Handlebar- 620mm+- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Carbon Handlebar- 620mm+

I'm looking for a carbon bar that is over 620mm. I have found that I prefer this size with around 11* of sweep.

Other then Salsa, does anybody make these? Seems like most carbon bars come in the 520-560mm range. I have tried one of the Easton bars in this lenght, but it is just to short on the front of my rigid bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    The Easton MonkeyLite DH at 710mm:

http://www.eastonbike.com/PRODUCTS/B..._dh_%2709.html

ups and downs
    Are you after a flat bar, a low rise or a riser bar?
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Sorry, flat bar in 25.4 would be optimal. No bar ends will be used.

I was hoping for something lighter then the DH Monkeylite bar.

mtbr member
    As far as i know (cause i looked) there are no flat bars over 600mm in 25.4mm

The best i found was the Easton EC70 riser - 25.4x660mm with "lo - rise" or 1" rise - fits me perfectly. Wouldn't mind a flat bar in 660mm though....

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Tiffster]As far as i know (cause i looked) there are no flat bars over 600mm in 25.4mm
    [QUOTE]

Salsa makes a flat carbon bar at 660mm and Edge Composites makes one at 610mm. Both of these are available in 25.4mm clamp size.

I was just searching for lighter alternatives. I have heard that the Salsa bar is pretty stout and I was hoping to find something a bit more forgiving. Plus I wanted to loose a bit more weight over my current Salsa (non-carbon) bar.

the train keeps rollin
    Syntace makes their 31.8 carbon flat bar in 630mm 9* sweep, mine came in under weight at 134 grams.

Sounds like the Salsa is your bar, you can trim the ends to your desired length.
    beaver hunt

LCW
    mtbr member
    easton monkey lite xc - there's a low rise version... 660mm wide... mine are the high rise, 685mm wide and 31.8... but there is a 25.4 version...

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...eylite+Xc.aspx

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    i'm using an old (CT2) monkeylite low rise at 660mm, 25.4 clamp, weighing in at 142g. i don't know if you'd be able to find one though. the jenson link above is the newer version that seems a tad heavier, but is probably stronger (CNT)

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR1
    I'm looking for a carbon bar that is over 620mm. I have found that I prefer this size with around 11* of sweep.

Other then Salsa, does anybody make these? Seems like most carbon bars come in the 520-560mm range. I have tried one of the Easton bars in this lenght, but it is just to short on the front of my rigid bike.
    Outside of the Salsa ProMoto carbon flat bar....

If you'd be willing to get a new stem (31.8mm), Syntace has a nice flat carbon bar that comes in 2 lengths 600mm and 630mm found here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    the best bar ever, Salsa ProMoto carbon flat bar. 11 degrees and 660mm! You can cut them down if you want. I ride them 630 now, but hate it for racing. Go back to 660 soon. Like Kabush:P, what's he riding, 720mm orso? :P
    If You want Plush, Buy a Couch...
    If you want to go Fast, Buy a 29er

mtbr member
    May 2008
    My Salsa Pro Moto Carbon weighs about 135 grams (uncut) in 25.4 and is much more forgiving than an Easton Monkey Lite XC.
    I m selling it but i'm french, sorry...

Members who have read this thread: 0