carbon flat bar longer than 600mm?- Mtbr.com
    Canuck

carbon flat bar longer than 600mm?

Does anyone know if someone makes a carbon flat handlebar longer than 600mm in a 25.4mm clamp?

I am currently using a 580mm, and I just put on new Shimano 765 Dual control hydraulic shifters, and with my carbon bar ends I feel like my hands are squished between them.

The hydraulic lines of these shifters are almost so close they are practically touching. I will probably get a 600mm bar to just give myself that extra bit of room, and that will probably do it.

However I was just wondering if anyone made one a bit longer, like 610 or 620, because I can't find any online.

I do not wish to get a riser-bar, I still prefer the flatbar, even though it seems like I'm the last one who still uses a flat bar
    " If you're still in control, then you aren't going fast enough! "

bike weenie
    Salsa...

ups and downs
    more specifically the Salsa Pro Moto Carbon Flat Bar at 660mm wide

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    The FSA bar I just got is 600mm, just a bit more than 580. I ran 560 all last year, then rode SS for the winter with at least a 660 on it. I needed the extra bit out of the FSA bar.

A Real Winner.
    DAMN! I was gonna say Salsa too.
    www.cycletofitness.com It's only a super-awesome website for a super-awesome store. Just click it. I dare you.

Canuck
    Thanks ya I am eyeing that FSA 600mm carbon bar as well. Those Salsa's are nice, I checked them out, however all the ones I found do not recommend that you put on bar ends on them after being cut. I'm only a 160lbs rider, so I could probably get away with it if I did.

I have these really nice Forte ergonomic carbon bar ends, only 96grams for the pair. They have an aluminum insert for the clamp so they can be put on carbon bars without crushing anything. I love them, and well, think they look cool to!

I just wish someone made a 610 or a 620 and make my life easy.
    " If you're still in control, then you aren't going fast enough! "

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

How about this?

I run one...

http://www.syntace.com/index.cfm?pid=3&pk=1496

It does have a pretty big sweep in case you don't like that. Good light bar though. And it's compatible with bar ends.

Nevermind. I didn't see that you wanted a 25.4 clamp.

Members who have read this thread: 0