Boone Ti rings... ramped / pinned configuration- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Boone Ti rings... ramped / pinned configuration

I`m looking at purchasing the ramped (middle ring) and pinned (outer ring) configurations from Boone. I know there are a few posters here that use these Boone rings, but before I commit to purchase I would like to know how the "ramped" and "pinned" versions perform? And how the shifting compares to say.. Shimano or RaceFace?

If you have some real life experience with these rings perhaps you could get back with some feedback?

Thanks.

mtbr member

Not tried the Boone outer ring ...

but I'm using a 30T middle and Spec TA 42T outer and they are shifting fine, no chain suck or drop offs yet.

The pins on the Spec TA don't align with the ramps and cut down teeth of the Boone middle and I was concerned about performance at first, but it's been fine. I will probably get a Boone Ti outer in the new year to complete the set :-)

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    What's the best way to get these rings? I emailed a few weeks ago or longer explaining what I was looking for and have never heard back. Is it better to call, or just get on the 'Ordering' page on the website and order a set with an explanation at the bottom? I know Brett is backed up and busy and it is taking weeks/months for people to get their rings, which is perfectly fine, I can wait, but I can't seem to even get to the ordering stage. Advice?

Thanks,
    Randy

Alright, let's ride!
    E-mail is the only way I know of, I've never seen a phone number. Try e-mailing him at Brett at BrownTechnologies dot com. Seem to get a quicker response at that address.

Also, be sure to specify on your order if you want the rings ramped or not. There isn't an option for this on the order page. I didn't know it needed to be specified so I received plain rings. I e-mailed Brett about it and he said no problem and is making me a new ring as we speak. They may be a little slow with their e-mails but other than that their customer service seems to be top notch.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I have a brand new 34T Boone ring for sale.

Just follow the links:
    MTBR Classifieds Ad

PS. I also have a 22T that someone purchased but has not paid yet, so it could be listed again real soon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Updated shipping options & costs.

I realized I could ship the chainrings for less with USPS First Class mail & also corrected the shipping weights.

ಠ_ಠ
    I'm replacing the middle and small rings on my Shimano M760 crankset. I just received two plain (non-ramped) rings from Boone. Is it only the middle ring that needs to be ramped?

Alright, let's ride!
    Yup, just the middle and big rings need ramps. The chain is not being lifted to the small ring so no need for ramps.

Let's ride
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    I'm replacing the middle and small rings on my Shimano M760 crankset. I just received two plain (non-ramped) rings from Boone. Is it only the middle ring that needs to be ramped?
    Does the middle ring for the 760 come with spacers? Doesn't seem like it would work otherwise.

ಠ_ಠ
    Yea, It doesn't work. Boone is sending me a replacement middle ring.

By the way it only needs to be ramped. Pinning is not necessary as Ti is strong enough to take the abuse pinning is designed to mitigate.

Members who have read this thread: 0