Big Sur- Mtbr.com

Thread: Big Sur

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Big Sur

anybody got a Fisher Big Sur? what does it weigh? what's your setup?

I'm planning a race bike build and am wondering what a realistic target would be. weight weenies lists the 05 frame at 1519g. I've already ordered race x lite wheels, bonny tires (revolt super x), xt cranks, new bars and seatpost. I'll probably run eggbeaters. I don't know yet if I'll use the stock fork, or a Reba Race I've already got (I'm leaning toward the Reba).

not sure what it will weigh in that form, or what I'll replace next.......I'd love to hear from others with a similar setup, or any other advice others might have.

PurpleIsFasterThanRed!
    I've got one from AC/DC series (carbon rear triangle). 1616g in L size, fits well my 184cm. Bike is 21.5lbs.

IMO it's good frame. Really comfortable, similar to riding with flat tire, untill you get used to it after few rides.

Genesis geometry is absolutely great. It sets you back, with no setback seatpost, works great for me, while i like seating almost over the BB.

Finally my frame is 20% faster due to Gary's autograph

I'll gladly help if you have any questions.

Greetings
    vi3dr0
    Last edited by vi3dr0; 03-24-2008 at 07:40 AM.
    Aluminium Carbon / Damping Composite

mtbr member
    Below is my Big Sur, large frame. There is some room for weight improvement still, but right now it comes in at 24lbs. If I used different tires it might come in at the high 23 range.

I changed the seatpost to Thompson masterpiece. The wheels are XTR hubs/ XT casette with mavic 717 rims, DT swiss spokes. A thompson stem and the handle bars were swapped for a Easton monkey lite low rise. I use light tubes but the tires are WTB 2.24 Mutano (front) Motoraptor (back). I still plan on changing the brakes to something other than the jucy 3's, but have not decied on what yet. And next year the crank will probably be upgraded to an XT. I really do enjoy riding the bike, it really feels good.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    cool, thanks for the setups...good food for thought.

I'll have to look into getting an autograph, didn't realize it would give such a big improvement

Members who have read this thread: 0