Banned from Weight Weenies Forums...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Banned from Weight Weenies Forums...

I registered a few days ago... made a post or two (not controversial at all, as far as I can tell), and my IP was banned "permanently" the next morning when I tried to log in...

I've sent repeated requests to the admin to inquire why I was banned and what I might do to be reinstated, but have had no response at all...

Is there anyone here who might have some insight into either a) why I might have been banned, and/or b) how I might be reinstated... or who I should contact?

Sorry to have to post here, but I don't know what else to do...

Thanks in advance!

Nerdy Jock
    Jun 2008
    It was probably an automated thing... Something you, your computer, or your router/internet did probably made you look like a bot. Well that's just my idea - I doubt you would get IP banned unless it was something really serious.
    Current bike: Rocky Mountain ETS-X 70

poser Administrator
    I have looked into this an haven't been able to find a reason why your IP was blocked. Do you know the IP that was blocked? PM if you have it. Everyone else is at Interbike this week so it might take some time to get it unblocked but if you send it I will do my best to get it done.

I have Cautery post history back to August. Is this a new account that you registered? If so please give me the user name and I will look into it.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

ups and downs
    To the OP, do you mean you were banned from this MTBR Weight Weenies forum or do you mean this Weight Weenies Forum, cause I'm thinking you couldn't be posting here if you were banned.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    That's what I was thinking.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    maybe you have a 20 kg bike ...that's the reason ..... ehehehehehe

ciao

mtbr member
    May 2011
    your bike didnt meet the requirements to be a weight weenie so they banned you. lol

mtbr member
    I think it might be a weenie issue!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Sorry for the confusion... I was banned for some reason from Weight Weenies

rockcrusher - I PM'd you the info... THANKS!

poser Administrator
    ah I see, sorry i thought you were banned here.

I would send an email to the administrator at that site. More than likely you got caught with a spammers IP or they banned something like 192.0.0.XXX and it caught you.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    ah I see, sorry i thought you were banned here.

I would send an email to the administrator at that site. More than likely you got caught with a spammers IP or they banned something like 192.0.0.XXX and it caught you.
    I have now sent multiple inquiries to the Admin and have received no response and of course, my IP is still banned. Kind of a bummer...

mtbr member
    How are you able to post if you're banned. Or did you reregister with a new name and email addy?

Oh, I get it now! Well, why are you bringing up your trash here?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    get a lighter bike,

Axe
    Custom User Title
    I thought that is a thread about Nino...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    How are you able to post if you're banned. Or did you reregister with a new name and email addy?

Why did I bring up my "trash" here?

Because I thought there might be half a chance that someone here might also be a member/mod "over there" and help me get someone to respond or even perhaps get my IP unbanned, so I could participate in BOTH places...

Your comment was kind of rude... especially for a Moderator. IF you had read all of my comments, it would have been patently clear why I posted here.... complete with an apology for doing so. There was no need to be rude or insulting.

The Cheater
    I don't get while this is still being discussed. If you can post here than you've went around the banned IP problem right? Why bring up a nonexistent issue and piss off lots of people including a mod here? Way to get banned again!
    Titux X Carbon 2010 race 9.93kg
    Titux X 2009 "Deore 2012" training 11.55kg

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    I don't get while this is still being discussed. If you can post here than you've went around the banned IP problem right? Why bring up a nonexistent issue and piss off lots of people including a mod here? Way to get banned again!
    Forget it... This is hopeless...

I HAD stopped discussing it, and then the Moderator came on and was rude to me.

I've NEVER been banned in THIS forum. For some UNKNOWN and as yet inexplicable reason, my IP was banned over on Weight Weenies • Index page, and site-wide.

I posted HERE, because I thought someone might be willing to be helpful and might know someone who could help fix this problem OVER THERE. I was obviously mistaken.

Apparently, there is either 1) no cross-over in membership, and/or 2) no one willing to help out.

As I ORIGINALLY posted... I apologize for posting this issue HERE, but I have tried everything I know how to do to fix the problem on my own.

Now... I apologize again for posting here AND for "troubling" y'all here...

As for "pissing off" people or the Moderator... Why on earth should it have pissed off ANYONE?

Moderator... feel free to lock or delete this thread...

mtbr member
    No need to apologize. I might have done the same thing in your place.

That moderator, who never posts in this subforum, was unnecessarily rude to you. And Veda seems to have reading comprehension problems. That's why he thinks his Aerozine crankset (679g without BB) is almost as light as a Race Face Next SL 2x10 (610g with BB).

that guy
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cautery View Post
    Forget it... This is hopeless...

...I posted HERE, because I thought someone might be willing to be helpful and might know someone who could help fix this problem OVER THERE. I was obviously mistaken.

Apparently, there is either 1) no cross-over in membership, and/or 2) no one willing to help out...
    That doesnt make sense. I believe rockcrusher quickly offered to help you out... correct?

If so, then my advice would be to sit back, quietly, and wait for him to do so. Patience is key...

mtbr member
    All you have to do is get another email address, register with a different user name and post away. As long as you behave yourself, everything will be ok.

The Cheater
    Quote Originally Posted by sfer1 View Post
    And Veda seems to have reading comprehension problems. That's why he thinks his Aerozine crankset (679g without BB) is almost as light as a Race Face Next SL 2x10 (610g with BB).
    So I'm guilty of being lazy to check the spec on the RF site since the poster didn't mentioned whether it's with BB or not. Too busy looking at the stocks and currencies...
    Titux X Carbon 2010 race 9.93kg
    Titux X 2009 "Deore 2012" training 11.55kg

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    All you have to do is get another email address, register with a different user name and post away. As long as you behave yourself, everything will be ok.
    Not to add fire to the flames.....but......you do know what an IP ban is right?

OP, the quickest solution is call your internet provider and ask them to reset your IP address. I did that a few years ago when getting IP banned from a gaming server, on a few occasions.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow35th View Post
    Not to add fire to the flames.....but......you do know what an IP ban is right?

OP, the quickest solution is call your internet provider and ask them to reset your IP address. I did that a few years ago when getting IP banned from a gaming server, on a few occasions.
    Thank you and to sfer1...

I have a grandfathered static IP address (free) from ATT, and I'm afraid that asking for ANY change may cost me my free IP... I'd rather do without the WW site than have to pay an additional $20 for my static IP... but it is a good suggestion.

I'll check into it...

sfer1 - Thank you for the understanding...

mtbr member

"Forum"

It's where things are discussed.

An on topic post is "trash"?

Pfffft.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Ok I get what's happening here. He is talking about ANOTHER weight weenies forum. Its kinda confusing since you posted it in this sites "weight weenies forum". You should call it another website so people don't get confused.

As to fixing your problem. The real fix is to either get them to unbann you (which you are trying) or do what SuperSlow35th said and request another IP. Since you are static (and I am guessing static for a reason) that is going to be on the hard side since you will be having to change any DNS entries going to your static IP on the outside world.

A temp solution is to use a proxy and you will be able to get into the site and maybe post this thread on there site. There are a million different proxy's so use any one you like. I used to use this one Borat Proxy - Very Nice! - Free proxy node (IP address 5/20) This will allow you to atleast register on the site and ask questions and maybe get faster answers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder View Post

"Forum"

It's where things are discussed.

An on topic post is "trash"?

Pfffft.
    What does this post have to do with light weight bikes and/or parts? There has been no discussion about bikes here. This would be like getting kicked out of a bar and then going to another bar trying to figure out why he got kicked out.

AZ
    banned
    What does this post have to do with light weight bikes and/or parts? There has been no discussion about bikes here. This would be like getting kicked out of a bar and then going to another bar trying to figure out why he got kicked out.

The topic was about bikes in a second cousin kind of way, that does not excuse your rudeness towards the OP IMHO. When someone comes here for help, that is exactly what should be given, not what was exhibited in certain posts. My two cents.

mtbr member
    No. It would be like asking a very limited group of online users, who may very well be members of another online site dedicated to the exact same thing, for help.

How hard is that to understand?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder View Post
    No. It would be like asking a very limited group of online users, who may very well be members of another online site dedicated to the exact same thing, for help.

How hard is that to understand?

That would be a conflict of interest, it's not gonna happen.

mtbr member
    Is this the same website where a random newb drops in and mentions he just bought a Moto and gets trolled hard for pages on top of pages, but another random newb buys an entry Trek and gets "gratz'd"?

Where threads get so hot over mindless topics they get binned and the people still can't let go and continue the fight until the mods have to step in and tell them to ignore each other?

Now we have someone drop in and confuse matters by posting in a forum of a similar-named website he was banned from. A mod makes a few quips and people go all Mother Teresa on him?

This place is amazing rofl

Cautery needs to grow another 0.1 mm of epidermis and be glad of the advice.

Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010

Is this April fools day?

Youuuuuuuu guys.