AX-Lightness Apollo on FleaBay- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1
    SUBLIM8er
    Reputation: Axis II's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,203

    AX-Lightness Apollo on FleaBay

    Just a courtesy post for anyone who might be interested in this saddle. I posted pics and weights of my Apollo last winter so you can do a search and get that info, if you like. I raced this saddle all last season on the Kona DS and loved it, FWIW. It could be a decent chance to get this saddle at a discount maybe. It's a very hard saddle to source these days. No this is not my sale.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=002
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

  2. #2
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770

    explain please...

    Quote Originally Posted by Axis II
    Just a courtesy post for anyone who might be interested in this saddle. I posted pics and weights of my Apollo last winter so you can do a search and get that info, if you like. I raced this saddle all last season on the Kona DS and loved it, FWIW. It could be a decent chance to get this saddle at a discount maybe. It's a very hard saddle to source these days. No this is not my sale.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=002
    can some of you US-guys explain why several guys won't ship outside of the US??? i really don't understand what the problem is with that. maybe someone could explain what hinders you guys from shipping overseas?

  3. #3
    zip it up, zip it out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by nino
    can some of you US-guys explain why several guys won't ship outside of the US??? i really don't understand what the problem is with that. maybe someone could explain what hinders you guys from shipping overseas?
    My understanding is that the chance of a purchase being a stolen card etc goes up with buyers outside the US. Its a basic safety issue for many, and others don't want to deal with international freight.

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770
    Quote Originally Posted by alm80
    My understanding is that the chance of a purchase being a stolen card etc goes up with buyers outside the US. Its a basic safety issue for many, and others don't want to deal with international freight.
    sorry - but i deal a lot with foreign countries and if you get a paypal payment for example the money is in. shipping is no different it's just more expensive but the buyer knows that and pays for it. so where's the problem??

  5. #5
    zip it up, zip it out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by nino
    sorry - but i deal a lot with foreign countries and if you get a paypal payment for example the money is in. shipping is no different it's just more expensive but the buyer knows that and pays for it. so where's the problem??
    Wow, even when your not advertising your parts on this forum, you still come off as a know it all.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tiffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,070
    Because he is correct....

    So long as the money is in your paypal account your safe, obviously the buyer would pay more postage but thats to be expected...

    So please inform us how we are wrong oh wise one?

  7. #7
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770
    Quote Originally Posted by alm80
    Wow, even when your not advertising your parts on this forum, you still come off as a know it all.
    well - i also ship international so i just ask what the problem is that so many US sellers don't sell outside the US...even if asked and even if offered to pay more. i had several items on ebay i was looking for but no chance. especially ebay where you also are "covered". i mean if i go tho the post office it doesn't matter if i ship within my country or outside...it just costs more which is not the shippers problem anyway. so what's the problem??

  8. #8
    zip it up, zip it out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffster
    Because he is correct....

    So long as the money is in your paypal account your safe, obviously the buyer would pay more postage but thats to be expected...

    So please inform us how we are wrong oh wise one?
    Yes he is correct if you use paypal the seller will get paid, however this is not the answer to the question that he asked.

    He asked why many Americans do not like handle transactions with consumers in foreign markets. I informed him that many do not want to handle the risk of selling to a person with a stolen card or one of the many other eBay fraud techniques. Of course the seller gets paid, to some its not about taking others money, but ensuring that commerce is performed in an ethical manner. I understand that some are only out to benefit themselves and conduct business without regard for others. But some people choose not to operate that way.

    If that explanation isn't up to your standards please let me know via PM and I can explain it in manner that you can better understand.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tiffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,070
    But there is just as much chance (probably more IMO) that you could get a buyer in the USA with a stolen card....

  10. #10
    zip it up, zip it out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    265
    Yes Nino we all know that you ship internationally,

    I explain my explanation in post # 7.

  11. #11
    Person
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    775
    Quote Originally Posted by nino
    can some of you US-guys explain why several guys won't ship outside of the US??? i really don't understand what the problem is with that. maybe someone could explain what hinders you guys from shipping overseas?

    Lazyness and sometimes they don't understand how easy it is.

    I live in Canada, there is no easier international shipping, but still many refuse to do it.

  12. #12
    just ride
    Reputation: chequamagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,852
    Quote Originally Posted by nino
    well - i also ship international so i just ask what the problem is that so many US sellers don't sell outside the US...even if asked and even if offered to pay more. i had several items on ebay i was looking for but no chance. especially ebay where you also are "covered". i mean if i go tho the post office it doesn't matter if i ship within my country or outside...it just costs more which is not the shippers problem anyway. so what's the problem??

    cause we gotta fill out an extra form and it takes a good amount of time. plus europeans (especially the swiss) are whiny and know everything, and we really dont want to deal with that. they would probably throw some massive conniption fit if the part weighed a gram more than advertised
    Tires for real rides: www.terrenetires.com

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,088
    After several bad experiences, I decided not to sell internationally on ebay. Against my better judgment, I made and exception. I just finished a transaction on ebay to a buyer in Puerto Rico. Original sale was in early DECEMBER. Buyer just received his parts LAST WEEK.

    I had to initially fill out an additional form. No biggie.

    The package got lost. UPS could not track it after it hit customs in Puerto Rico. I had to start some special international lost package procedure. After TONS of work by me, UPS got notification from Puerto Rico that the item was being shipped back to the US. UPS got it and sat on it for weeks. Dozens of calls later it was shipped back to Puerto Rico.

    I have never had this issue shipping inside the US. This is why I will not ship international ever again.

  14. #14
    The MTB Lab
    Reputation: pastajet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,439
    I ship using USPS Internationally. I will ship anywhere myself. But it is a pain in the ass. Some extra paperwork and the shipping costs are quite expensive for International Priority Mail which I prefer to use. A $4 charge to a US address becomes a $24 charge to the rest of the world. Again I send to anywhere, but the extra work and cost just makes it easier to only ship to US customers. And most of our customer base is in the US.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    917
    My personal experiences in the past was one time I sent something to someone out of the country and agreed to declare a low value to keep the shipping cost down and so that they didn't get hit very hard on the taxes. The package was lost in transit and I wound up eating a $1,000. I don't ship all that frequently and sometimes calculating the post can be a nightmare.

    I had someone interested in a set of wheels I had for sale once and the proper insured shipping cost was almost equal to the cost of the wheels and if you add the V.A.T. the person would have had to pay.

    Lastly, individuals are reluctant while many internet companies do ship overseas.

  16. #16
    Weight Weenie Shop Owner
    Reputation: DIRT BOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,006
    Quote Originally Posted by nino
    can some of you US-guys explain why several guys won't ship outside of the US??? i really don't understand what the problem is with that. maybe someone could explain what hinders you guys from shipping overseas?
    1. Fort most people that have to do an extra 5 minutes of work filling out parers. I do mine via on-line so it takes 2 min longer.
    2. Shipping overseas can be a pain in the a$$ if the package gets lost.
    3. CUSTOMS, CUSTOMS, CUSTOMS!! Most buyers ask for me to lower the value. If I do this I have to risk the insured value. NO MORE. If you don't want lower prices form the US and are willing to pay your taxes, then sorry! This put' the seller at risk even if the buyer "says" he will take the risk. USPS Priority Mail can be slow and is not trackable. So EXPRESS only which most don't want to pay for.
    That sums it up for me. But I ship International all the time. But Buyers must be willing to do there fair share. With the US Dollar now "Officially" in the crapper (Thank you "W.") Inter sales are going through the roof.
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com
    The Largest Site Dedicated to Light Weight Bikes and Sales
    Twitter: @lightbikes_com

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    223
    Laziness, lack of knowhow/ignorance is my take on it :-)

    This is from having shipped from, and to the usa. The only issue is an extra customs form (apart from the cost) as I see it. Its the same in very other developed country I've lived in.

    I am now overseas so am seeing the otherside of it too.... For example, a lot of folk just not wanting to go to the PO even when I have been willing to pay an estimate on the assumption/understanding that any difference will be refunded. We all know some PO's are buisy, there are queues etc...but NOT all the time...you just have to plan your day so that you get to a PO thats not too buisy at a given time....etc.

    Then you have the jokers. Have just been quoted $200 to ship something relatively small and the seller is refusing to answer what shipping is being used....hmmmm, guess this will not go any further. :-(

  18. #18
    Person
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    775
    Quote Originally Posted by chequamagon
    cause we gotta fill out an extra form and it takes a good amount of time. plus europeans (especially the swiss) are whiny and know everything, and we really dont want to deal with that. they would probably throw some massive conniption fit if the part weighed a gram more than advertised
    I once had this guy try to tell me the post office did not know how to ship international. It's funny the excuses you hear.

  19. #19
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770

    ok- i understand..

    thanks guys, a couple really answered my questions others still couldn't resist to bash around but we know that.

    anyway - i also have to fill out special forms but only if the package is over 2 kilos or if the buyer wants something insured because of high value. but usually 99% of all my packages don't require any papers to fill out. nothing special. they just cost more and can be tracked easily. i do ship all over the world and within the last 5 years only about 3-4 packages got lost and then it's the ones without tracking number because people didn't want to pay extra for the registered shipping with tracking number....anyway - i can understand if the paperwork is a pain. i don't like that as welll. but if you want to sell an item and get asked and paid for all the added cost...i still don't get the point.

    however i understand that no one wants paperwork if it's always a must also for low dollar items,then i would refuse as well.

    i once bought FOX forks and these cost just 23$ shipped USPS and arrived within 3-4 days. also motocross boots and a helmet, special parts for my Honda forks back in the racing days.......i never had any problems with parts shipped from the US and shipping cost seemed reasonable as well as beeing fast. right now i'm expecting some Zipp carbon cranks from the US as these will cost me 35% less than dealers cost over here in switzerland!! that's including freight and Tax! over here they would cost 2,5 times more than what i paid through an online shop as a regular buyer.
    Last edited by nino; 02-29-2008 at 07:43 AM.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    509
    I'll do items less than $300, I've been burned by PayPal in international shipments, the buyer used some trick account then paypal took the money back.

    Could have happened domestically also...just happened to be international.

  21. #21
    Maromero
    Reputation: doccoraje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by nino
    anyway - i do ship all over the world and within the last 5 years only about 3-4 packages got lost and then it's the ones without tracking number because people didn't want to pay extra for the registered shipping with tracking number....
    .
    It happens that mine is one of those that got lost and I was willing to pay extra, I even asked about FedEx, but I was told that there was no FedEx office and it was not worth to send registered due to the value of the package ($90 dlls) do you remember?
    Last edited by doccoraje; 02-29-2008 at 10:53 AM.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    681
    My take on it is that Yep I'm lazy. There are enough buyers in the US that I don't feel it's worth my time to go fill out that one extra form, whatever it is. I sell very rarely on ebay (only if the local Craigslist doesn't get me any satisfaction). As well I'm not well-versed on international shipping and I don't care to be. If US buyers dry up - which may happen - then I'll have to get a little less lazy in this regard.

  23. #23
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770

    differences

    Quote Originally Posted by doccoraje
    It happens that mine is one of those that got lost and I was willing to pay extra, I even asked about FedEx, but I was told that there was no FedEx office and it was not worth to send registered due to the value of the package ($90 dlls) do you remember?
    it seems there's differences in shipping methods or things required in different countries.
    if i go to the local post office i have swiss post service and none other. Fedex,DHL,UPS etc... are a pain in the a$$ to get in touch with over here and they'll do mostly business anyway, no shipping for private persons. and they are extremely expensive as well.

    i always leave it to the buyers if they want something shipped registered or not. i sell quite a lot and as mentioned only very few things got lost over all that time.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by SKullman
    I'll do items less than $300, I've been burned by PayPal in international shipments, the buyer used some trick account then paypal took the money back.

    Could have happened domestically also...just happened to be international.
    It's no trick. The seller protection policy does not apply to countries other than US and Canada.
    Paypal protects the buyer, not the seller in international shipments.
    Buyer files a complaint and paypal will automatically refund the money by pulling it from your paypal account and any linked bank accounts. (Chargeback) They will do this even though the item in dispute has not been returned to the seller. Furthermore, they do not accept email correspondence as evidence in their dispute resolution findings.

    Do not use paypal to accept international payments.

  25. #25
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770

    no problem

    Quote Originally Posted by autoduel
    It's no trick. The seller protection policy does not apply to countries other than US and Canada.
    Paypal protects the buyer, not the seller in international shipments.
    Buyer files a complaint and paypal will automatically refund the money by pulling it from your paypal account and any linked bank accounts. (Chargeback) They will do this even though the item in dispute has not been returned to the seller. Furthermore, they do not accept email correspondence as evidence in their dispute resolution findings.

    Do not use paypal to accept international payments.
    i on the other hand never had any problems with paypal. i feel completely safe and never had issues neither as buyer nor seller.

  26. #26
    Im a Cowboy
    Reputation: CrustyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    790
    Im pretty sure sometimes, its just a matter of national bias and with North America being such a huge consumer, its not really much of a restriction to limit yourself to selling only to other North Americans
    DON'T TELL ME I'M STILL ON THAT FECKIN' ISLAND! ....

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.