Any guesses on the weight of a Suntour XCT-V2 fork?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Any guesses on the weight of a Suntour XCT-V2 fork?

Seeing how this fork is totally useless to me, I plan to upgrade and lose some weight at the same time.

Any guesses on the weight of this POS fork? The bike has already lost 4 lbs just from useful info on this site.

Replacement fork will be something like an R7 or Fox 80RL. I think both of them are a shade over 3 lbs.

I will be posting the exact weight of this fork soon just for kicks. Maybe I can use it as a pogo stick once it is off the bike?

-Rick

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'ma guess 6.5-7.0 pounds, based on the weight of an equally el-cheapo poser fork from RST. Your Fox 80RL will probably come in around 3.5-3.7 pounds.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Not that heavy, the XCT's are about 5 pounds. They're actually better than a good number of models from Rockshox (like the Dart 2s, Tora 302s, etc). Only 6.5-7 pound single-crown fork brand at ANY price point is marzocchi.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Seeeriously easy Livin
    ahh, but i love my z150 on my fr hardtail

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Yeah, i am guessing around 5.5 lbs. We will soon see. I wouldnt be so quick to get rid of it, but it does not move more than 1 inch no matter what I do. I weigh 185-190 lbs.

The exact same fork (except orange in color) on a Gary Fisher works much better. LBS said they specd them different for different makers. Oh well, it's non-functional and heavy. That is all that matters to me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Update...

Pulled the stock fork off a minute ago and it weighed in at EXACTLY 2500 grams (5.5lbs).

Funny thing is, I already have a buyer for it. Listed it on Craigslist and had it sold an hour later. Good riddence POS.

Weight of Manitou R7 MRD will be posted Wednesday.

Looks like a possible weight savings of 2.5lbs and a functional fork to boot.

mtbr member
    My old (2002) XCR was fairly light(ish) was around 1900g, I cant believe how heavy some of the basic forks are 2.4kg for a dart or basic tora??? Are they putting lead weights in the bottom of the forks? Means that a lot of the basic bikes we sell are heavier than stuff from years back....

spec4life???..smh...
    yep just pulled my xcr off my hardrock and it weighed 5.5lbs....

Wow my new exotic rigid is going to be nice....

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Got the R7 MRD fork installed tonight...

Weighed in at 2.95 lbs.

The best part is the fork works like a charm. I have not been out on the trail with it yet, but just riding around outside I can tell night and day difference. Bike is down to 25.5 lbs.

Very please with the feel of this bike now. Time to get pedaling and enjoy it.

Lurker
    a quick question about the performance of this fork. Does any 1 else have a problem of it "topping out" when you bunny hop or jump? When i pull a wheelie, bunny hop etc. i can feel a clunk as it tops out. Does it need an adjustment or is mine just fked. It came stock on a new hardtail i got.

Cheers,

Justin
    Where the Sidewalk Ends
    "Its not a hobby its a way of life."

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    ^^^
    Are you referring to the Suntour fork that I had on the bike? If so, no, I never had that problem with it. I did lots of wheelies, jumps etc... and never heard a sound from it at the top of the travel.

The Manitou R7 doesn't either although it made the clicking noise which was fixed by their repair kit (free).

Members who have read this thread: 0