For all you FRM isis BB people. Bearing time..- Mtbr.com
    I love Pisgah

For all you FRM isis BB people. Bearing time..

..for my non-drive side...um..side. The older lighter(non spacer) alum model. I installed it in the blue nrs race bike May of 03. Raced half dozen times that year, then stuck it in my black day to day nrs this past winter. JUST took it out for inspection and cleaning. The ND side had that gritty feeling to it, but the drive side felt as smooth as a new bearing. So, I swapped only the bad one, leaving me still with a spare. 1 year 2 months of racing and tons of epics. I've heard worse on other isis drives for sure. One must spend a bit of time to tighen the cups(the drive line is adjustable)so that the bearings are not in a bind, but also have no lateral movement, but its no big deal.

Just some feedback is all.

Duckout

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Bearing time for me again too. 3 months x 800 miles. They've been grinding and popping for about a month though.

I really don't think there is much difference between various manufacturers. The bearings are simply too small to do the job in anything but cleanroom conditions. When I read reports of some lasting longer than others, I just chalk it up to better luck or fewer or easier miles. I've tried quite a few and they've all failed to some degree within about 3 months.