mtbr member
    Nov 2006

9point8 Fall Line R

Hey, looks like this post is becoming available soon.

https://www.9point8.ca/index.php?rou...ormation_id=46

I am considering the Fall Line R 31.6mm 375 x 125mm which is claimed to be 458g installed. (Debating between the 125 and 150mm)

I have a RS Reverb on my Blur Tr now and am considering a change for reliability, lighter weight, and better performance.

I have searched but cant find an installed weight for my current Reverb dropper installed. 31.6x440mm/150mm/1x thumb remote.

Thoughts?

-Daniel

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I had that Reverb in 125 and it was 507g post 558g installed. My notes have the 150 estimated from 610-640 g installed. Based on my 125 ending up lighter than I thought, I would guess 610 g.

Also gave KS Lev CI 31.6x150 at 433 post 488 installed.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Thanks, great info, so would be about 170g lighter for the 125mm and hopefully more reliable and performant (especially in the cold).

I was also considering the KS but am thinking the 9point8 and PNW Loam lever over it.

Daniel

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Definitely ditch the Reverb. Mine also always failed in cold. Lev CI is good, probably a solid B. No clue on your sizing, but if the 150 fits Id recommend that too if you ride any steep terrain.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Yeah I am really debating on the 150. It will fit well and I ride relatively steep stuff (N Cal, Tahoe, Santa Cruz stuff, etc). May be worth the 40 grams

Ole
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieTreehorn8 View Post
    Definitely ditch the Reverb. Mine also always failed in cold. Lev CI is good, probably a solid B. No clue on your sizing, but if the 150 fits Id recommend that too if you ride any steep terrain.
    Failed? Or just needing a proper bleed to compensate for the oil in the hose shrinking in the cold? Wind the adjuster all the way to slow, unscrew the hose 8 turns, and then bleed. Screw hose back in and adust to fast. That should keep you covered. If not enough, bleed it when post and oil is cold.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Yeah I am a pro now at doing all that stuff for the past 4 or 5 years dealing with Reverbs. All my friends have moved to Bikeyolks or 9point8s and never have to deal with all that as they have cables. I am ready to make the change as I should be able to take my nearly new Reverb off, sell it and get something different.

mtbr member
    Any chance you get to ditch a damn Reverb post, do it, without hesitation The only reason you find these useless pieces of crap on bikes is because RS includes them with the drive train and suspension at next to nothing, man they are SO aweful. I've been on a 9point8 FallLine now for nearly 3 years, only thing I've done to it is remove and grease the foam/seals in the collar a few times, that's it.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I have rarely heard anyone say differently and thats the driver for me. If I can loose some weight along the way its just a bonus.

Ole
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielM3 View Post
    Yeah I am a pro now at doing all that stuff for the past 4 or 5 years dealing with Reverbs. All my friends have moved to Bikeyolks or 9point8s and never have to deal with all that as they have cables. I am ready to make the change as I should be able to take my nearly new Reverb off, sell it and get something different.
    BTW, Bikeyoke makes a cable conversion kit for the Reverb. Looks quite sleek.

Ole
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Is the Fall Line R still cuttable? I only need 75mm on my XC race bike, but I definitely need more than 275mm post length. Is 275mm minimum length, or is the post actually that short from the factory?

mtbr member
    The remote is NOT the problem, you can put as much makeup and lipstick on a pig, when all's said and done, it's still a pig
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    BTW, Bikeyoke makes a cable conversion kit for the Reverb. Looks quite sleek.

Ole
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    The remote is NOT the problem, you can put as much makeup and lipstick on a pig, when all's said and done, it's still a pig
    But a pretty pig that you might want to keep around for another season. :-)

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    They always had listed that the 75mm was 400mm long and cuttable. The others are not cuttable I believe.

mtbr member
    Why throw $60-80 US on a new remote for a dropper you know will fail sometime soon, when you can just add another $120 or so and get one of the new droppers in the $200 range that so far seem to be proving reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    But a pretty pig that you might want to keep around for another season. :-)

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Have had Fall Line 100mm dropper post for a year and I cannot recommend it highly enough. No hydraulics to fail and simply keeps working. Very comfortable response time when saddle comes up and never smacks you in the rear. 440 gm installed with their digit remote, this included everything cables cable housing etc. everything. I love the seat post.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Agree, I have the fall line r on the way and looking forward to it. Will be here on the 27th. I went with a PNW Loam Lever to go with it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    I have one, 175mm. It's been back a couple of times. Once was my fault. They've, 9point8, gone above and beyond in taking care of me. Absolutely some of the best customer service I have ever experienced in any industry. I also absolutely love the post. The brake setup to keep from pulling air into the system to the incredible head design make it a great product.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielM3 View Post

I have a RS Reverb on my Blur Tr now and am considering a change for reliability, lighter weight, and better performance.
    I would just get a Revive. Ultra-reliable and fairly light. I had it for two years with sub-zero problems https://www.bikeyoke.de/en/

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I've had a 9.8 for 2 years, 0 problems. Just now starting to get a little sticky and slow to rise so just ordered a rebuild kit, which looks easy enough. I don't like the 9.8 remote. The post head is by far the best in the industry, saddle angular tilt and saddle attachement/fore-aft adjustment are separate which make swapping seats a 1 min affair.

Just purchased a bike yoke for my enduro bike. Super easy to set-up and gets great reviews. Shorter overall stack height. Awesome stock lever. Post head is the standard all-in one adjustment, not the end of the world but not ideal. Time will tell about reliability. Had to "revive" / reset it when I first got it (recommended and common to do on new post), worked wonderfully.

Now if Bike Yoke could a) kashima coat the post and b) get a 9.8 post head, I'd be in love!