42t/104mm ring needed......- Mtbr.com
    SUBLIM8er

42t/104mm ring needed......

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this ring. I'd like some pins and ramps, black and as light as possible, of course.
    Gracias
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

mtbr member
    Carbon.Ti

TA, FRM....

banned

FRM: 52,6g

Quote Originally Posted by Axis II
    Can anyone point me in the right direction for this ring. I'd like some pins and ramps, black and as light as possible, of course.
    Gracias
    no contest: FRM it is!
    52,6g and roughly 1/3rd the cost of the Carbon-Ti
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Where could I get one of those FRM rings?

SUBLIM8er
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny
    Carbon.Ti

TA, FRM....
    That ring would look pretty fly on the new Pedal Force build. What do they want for those?
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

banned
    That ring would look pretty fly on the new Pedal Force build. What do they want for those?
    about 190 Euro = 280 US$ for 1 ring!!!

ther FRM is about 60 Euro = 88 US$

no comparison i think...

mtbr member
    I've been wanting one of these for a long time. Nobody ever gets them in stock at traditional internet/mail order places. I've seen some other tooth counts but not a 104 42t. I've got a 32t on my clavs and luv it. Big savings there for the middle ring.

They are expensive but they will last longer than an FRM or probably even traditional aluminum rings. Haven't there been some negative reviews of FRM rings?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    My only worry about having the Carbon-Ti as an outer ring is what if I bash it off a rock, log or concrete step? Will the carbon carrier stand up? I know the 44t. Boone Ti outer ring I have now is tough. I nailed it off a concrete step when I was riding up, and it took a chunk out of the concrete, but didn't hardly scratch the chainring.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownCivic
    My only worry about having the Carbon-Ti as an outer ring is what if I bash it off a rock, log or concrete step? Will the carbon carrier stand up? I know the 44t. Boone Ti outer ring I have now is tough. I nailed it off a concrete step when I was riding up, and it took a chunk out of the concrete, but didn't hardly scratch the chainring.
    Blown Civic that is a reasonable concern here. The impression you give of the Boone Ti is impressive and I would NOT count on a Carbon-Ti to perform as well. However, compared to an aluminum ring the Carbon-Ti should be stronger - unless we are talking some unique DH or BMX extra thick aluminum sprocket. Nevertheless, if I paid for and actually got my hands on a Boone ring, the idea of hitting concrete or rocks with it makes me cringe

SUBLIM8er
    Aint no way I'm springing that kinda ching on a chainring. So what about Specialties TA maybe if FRM is impossible to find. I just need to chuck my 44t. I agree that a Boone Ti will be stronger, BUT also heavier.......
    William S. Burroughs

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Aint no way I'm springing that kinda ching on a chainring. So what about Specialties TA maybe if FRM is impossible to find. I just need to chuck my 44t. I agree that a Boone Ti will be stronger, BUT also heavier.......
    I wish I could get my hands on some more Boone rings. I love the 44/29 (5x58/94) that I have now. However, I have a new set of cranks that are 104bcd. I want a 42/30 for that one.

My 44t Boone ring is 63g (the 29t is 23g, believe it or not), so I suspect that a 42t could be very close, if not under 60g.

Members who have read this thread: 0