Road trip to Seattle.... bike shops?- Mtbr.com
    Don't worry, be happy!

Road trip to Seattle.... bike shops?

I've got to run over to Seattle for some work stuff. I'll be around UW, and in Madrona area. Are there any not to miss LBS I should swing by? Spefically I'm looking for some rad pedals for my bike...

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by formica View Post
    I've got to run over to Seattle for some work stuff. I'll be around UW, and in Madrona area. Are there any not to miss LBS I should swing by? Spefically I'm looking for some rad pedals for my bike...
    Hit Big Tree for sure -- Zeb'll hook you up!

Downhill Zone in the U District is also solid.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Since you will be in the neighborhood, Recycled Cycles is always fun to roll into and peruse a little. Right by the U bridge.

Don't worry, be happy!
    Also, if that's the part of town I'm going to be in... which Costco would be the most pain free to go to? I really don't know the West Side very well at all.

thanks.

Rider
    If you are going to be near I-90 at all the one on 4th would be your best bet.

4401 4th Avenue South, Seattle, WA

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    re Costco, it might be least hassle to hit the Issaquah one on the way out of town (I get lost trying to find it, so check the online store locator). Re shops, Montlake is just across the Montlake bridge from campus; Gregg's Green Lake store isn't too far away (70th and Ravenna).

Don't worry, be happy!
    thanks everyone. Since I'm taking my son to Costco to stock up on groceries 4th sounds like the best bet... and hit the bike shops while he's in class.

In Armor We Trust
    Big Tree Bikes is the way to go. Zeb and/or Jerry are very knowledgeable and actually carry DH/FR specific parts in stock.
    DH: Pivot Phoenix
    AM: Pivot Mach 6
    FG: KHS Flite 100

Don't worry, be happy!
    Big Tree FTW! Turns out it was just a few blocks from the real reason I had to go to Seattle. Zeb was great I learned more in 10 minutes than in several hours and dozens of pages read web surfing!

mtbr member
    Glad to hear Zebulon was able to help you out, Penny. Gregg's also has good DH/FR stuff in stock, but big tree is a much more personable shop.

If you are coming from spokane, I would take Tom's advice, and go to the issuquah costco right off of 90. Easy in, Easy out, and not out of your way.

Members who have read this thread: 0