Maybe this will derail the Ed's thread...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Maybe this will derail the Ed's thread...

My rant for the day. - ThumperTalk

Don't they know that all those trails are really horse trails??? How the thread degenerates is pretty funny though. And, I see some MTBrs in there trashing MTBrs as well...

Nice to see we're not the only paranoid trail users.

Slothful dirt hippie
    LOL! I've actually met a few moto guys toodling around out at JW, and they seemed like perfectly nice folks... which is pretty much like the moto guys I've met in the Taneum or Teanaway actually.

On Sunday we had a moto fun-nay: going out South Fork Taneum I realized I'd forgotten how much gnarl is sprinkled in there. Midway or so a dirt bike comes up behind us. When I smiled and chirped "Hi!" at him, he looked back at me a little wide-eyed through his helmet and blurted "This trail is hard!" He continued on ahead of us, but I had to chuckle at the irony of that statement serveral times along the way as things got even more 'interesting' in places.

And FWIW the volunteer ORV crew put in thousands of hours helping the forest circus get trails cleared last year in Kittitas Co. We owe them a huge THANK YOU if nothing else.
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

mtbr member
    I didn't realize mountain bikers hated dirt bikers. Did I miss the cult meeting when that was decided?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Saw three cuffed teans dressed in moto gear at the lower end of juanita trail last summer. They were sitting and sulking as the sheriff loaded up their 50cc bikes into his truck. Not really the smartest move, but hey, arent we all allowed one screw up before we learn our lesson?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-H View Post
    I didn't realize mountain bikers hated dirt bikers. Did I miss the cult meeting when that was decided?
    It was at the roadie coup, that group was absorbed by the WW-XC crowd, and the new majority swiftly passed a bill declaring all motos herewith are scumbags.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming

mtbr member
    I guess the DNR/F&W had better start fining the elk for making all those "illegal" trails in Joe Watt...

Slothful dirt hippie
    Quote Originally Posted by Agate View Post
    I guess the DNR/F&W had better start fining the elk for making all those "illegal" trails in Joe Watt...
    I've seen them churn the crap out of NF Taneum in places when it's wet. I asked Mikki (local FS ORV ranger) to ticket them for mudding, lol.
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Had a nice long discussion Friday afternoon with Glenn about where the MTB crowd fits in now that we have more clout and are being courted by other user groups to support their agendas as well. Then Skooks and I had a long post fest LDS lot discussion as well. We, as a group need to let the EMBA board and Glenn know where we are coming from to help guide them in the best interest of the MTB community moving forward. We may have to align with hikers on on point and the motos on another depending one which suits OUR interest best. It's going to be interesting.... I know I personally am way more scared of the WTA than I am the NMA. But, I know now that I don't have the same view as others.

I should be out riding
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    We, as a group need to let the EMBA board and Glenn know where we are coming from to help guide them in the best interest of the MTB community moving forward. We may have to align with hikers on on point and the motos on another depending one which suits OUR interest best. It's going to be interesting....
    Indeed, and making it clear to the other groups that agreeing with them on a single issue is just that, and doesn't mean concession on other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    I know I personally am way more scared of the WTA than I am the NMA. But, I know now that I don't have the same view as others.
    Absolutely. It's very interesting to peruse nwhikers.net though, as it appears that the views among the hiker crowd are a lot more diverse than WTA positions would make it appear. NMA on the other hand is doing nothing but defense at this point. I have sympathy for their cause (and am a member), but they can't seem to recognize that a significant portion of their problems come from their own actions. There's a lesson there for mtb as well (NF Nooksack for example, or Transition's 'what, wilderness is closed to bikes?' video).

Members who have read this thread: 0