Good beginner Galby trail with small jumps?- Mtbr.com
    gravity fighter

Good beginner Galby trail with small jumps?

Hi All, I'm an older XC rider looking to push my skills a bit and was wondering if there are any trails you recommend with some small jumps and decent run out?
    Up until now I've stuck with trails like Wonderland, Kaiser, 2 1/2 etc... but a couple white knuckle trips down Mullet have convinced me that I have to get over my fear of flying

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

For a beginner the 3 pigs has some jumps and little

drops on it that you should be able to do and learn to take to the air. Cheers

gravity fighter
    Thanks for the tip!

mtbr member
    Also if your parking out at Whatcom falls park, exit out through Karma, there are some fun small jumps on that.

gravity fighter
    I come up on the Gate 13 fireroad, so that's a little out of the way

Just roll it......
    Good news for you, sir. I've been scouting new lines on SV for the past 3 months. When those can get started, we'll let ya know. Without help from SV residents, I'm not gonna be super motivated to do all the work.

Ooh, and SST is probably your best bet.

gravity fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Good news for you, sir. I've been scouting new lines on SV for the past 3 months. When those can get started, we'll let ya know. Without help from SV residents, I'm not gonna be super motivated to do all the work.

Ooh, and SST is probably your best bet.
    I've never done any trial building before, but I'll be there! I talked to Tom from the parks dept. (He's been leading the Gate 5 trail building) and he mentioned that he's scouting a route to link that trail to the Gate 13 fireroad.
    This could be a very good year for SV side trails!
    I'll try out SST on Tuesday

mtbr member
    You might like Whoopsie Whoodle and Atomic Dog. They both have some fun stuff but not too big (except the step downs).
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I second SST, the jump right before the clearing is a good one to session if your just starting out.

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecito
    I've never done any trial building before, but I'll be there! I talked to Tom from the parks dept. (He's been leading the Gate 5 trail building) and he mentioned that he's scouting a route to link that trail to the Gate 13 fireroad.
    This could be a very good year for SV side trails!
    I'll try out SST on Tuesday
    Yep, we had a crew out to help Tom on a bit of drainage on his new trails (which are going to need a ton of work, IMO) and we're working with him on two potential connectors from Galby into the new WCP trail's he's started last summer. We've actually got a line connecting Gate 9 and 13 100% flagged, but awaiting approval because it gets a bit close to another parcel of private land (but, actually doesn't touch it) where those big falls are.....

Contact me via PM and pass me your email address and I'll put you on the future SV build list. Right now, I'm still 100% focused on scouting a bi-directional/XC route up to the Keystone area. I figure it doesn't make any sense to have dh directional trails until we can get back up to Galby without climbing that STEEP f'ing fireroad.

Cheers,
    EB

gravity fighter
    It will be a very happy day when we don't have to climb that road anymore. The few times I've cleaned it have killed my legs for the fun stuff at the top (I'd rather kill my legs on fun singletrack going up!)
    If Tom busts out the mini excavator, these will get done fast, but it sure would be nice to have a more narrow/technical trail.
    Anyways, PM sent. Hope to see you soon for a trail day.

And thanks again everyone for the suggestions!

Members who have read this thread: 0