Just roll it......

Galby Trailday: Sunday February 15th - Spritzing up the Mullet

Yo,

Mullet has been seeing a fair bit of work lately, but we're gonna devote one more trail day to get it totally dialed this upcoming Sunday. If there's enough folks, we'll be able to get a couple planned features done, but the primary goal is get all the tread down to "gold" and get everything draining properly.

Time: Meet at 10:45
    Location: Parking lot on Samish Way across from Galbraith Lane
    Trail: Mullet

As always, bring your bike and hitch a ride up the hill. You can get a flowcheck lap in after work. We should have plenty of tools for everyone and we're gonna get things staged/prepped this week. Bring some food/water and work gloves and boots.

If we tidy up Mullet enough, maybe we'll rename it to "Soccer Rocker"!

Cheers,
    EB

FM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    If we tidy up Mullet enough, maybe we'll rename it to "Soccer Rocker"!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hey! I almost caught one of those from Rod at a concert in Italy in '84....

Good times EBx. Think I'll be joining FM to keep him in line though....
    Especially if we don't get any significant new snow.

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo
    Hey! I almost caught one of those from Rod at a concert in Italy in '84....

Good times EBx. Think I'll be joining FM to keep him in line though....
    Especially if we don't get any significant new snow.

Someone's gotta keep FM in line.

Hoping to get Mullet dialed so we can start a couple of NEW projects.

Cheers,
    EB

Just roll it......
    7 of us got out y'day afternoon to get some prep work done.

On upper Mullet, we got some stringers cut for bridging that will cover a perpertually wet zone. Got almost the entire trail lopped......so sightlines and sunlight should be much better now. Then, we dug some drainages, got down to gold on several sections, fixed a berm and started a tranny for a future jump.

More folks going out on Friday to get more prep work done for Sunday's work party.

Cheers,
    EB

Just roll it......
    Killer day out in the woods today!!

Major kudos to Zach and the other cool folks from Kulshan Cycles. They totally stepped up and put on a great trail day.

We had a huge turnout....Matt D. said 37 in the lot and I know 4 other guys were up on the hill digging by that point. There were several middle schoolers and few other grommets moving dirt and there were probably 5 or 6 women diggin in the dirt too. Awesome.... Many thanks to everyone who took a beautiful day off the bike to give back to the hill. It'll allow us to get going on more "fun" projects.....

There's a few more small things we've got to work on (like a big borrow pit we've got to clean up), but the trail has made huge strides over the past couple months and should really speed up. Beyond the dirt work, there were a ton of drains put in and 3 ladders over low zones.

Cheers,
    EB

Meeting in the lot.

SpeedWa's new bermage. Braap!

Speedwa's berm leads into what was one of the big trouble spots. Not a very clear photo, but Colin, Vaughn, Dennis and Jeff did a ton of dirt/rock moving to get this section buffed. Instead of it being a total speed suck, it's now totally pumpable and should pack in super nice. An incredible gold dirt source we found just off the trail.

New hip option that Colin, Chris and Vaughn put in. Both Chris and Vaughn hit it super smooth with flat tables. The berm that Colin is working on at the bottom of the tranny is gonna need to be tweaked and have a bunch of dirt thrown on it.

Colin working on a berm after a new tranny.

Chris sampling the new hip. ADVICE: you don't need a ton of speed on this.

Ran into the I5 Troll out on a ride and BS'd with him for a bit. The new Duthie stuff is sounding cool.

Cheers,
    EB

I5Troll
    Most awesome work out there! Thanks, all. Mullet is shaping up to be an awesome trail.

The highlight of yesterday's Galby ride was definitely SST... it's in great shape. What a blast!!

FM
    mtbr member
    Nice.... looking forward to getting up there soon, now that the foot is good for it.

Members who have read this thread: 0