Evergreen Mountain Bike Festival June 8-10- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Evergreen Mountain Bike Festival June 8-10

Hey Everyone,

Mark your calendars to come out and join Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance, 30+ vendors, and mountain bikers of all ages for our annual Evergreen Mountain Bike Festival June 8-10 at King County's Duthie Hill Park and Summit Ridge in Black Diamond!

Over the course of this three-day event, enjoy FREE Bike Demos, races and competitions for all ages and abilities, raffles with killer prizes, special kids events, live music, food and drink for sale, and the chance to check out the latest gear. Admission is FREE and this event is open to the public. Race registration prices vary.

Friday, June 8th from 6:00-9:00pm the festival kicks off at Duthie with a Volunteer Appreciation Celebration featuring live music from Pickled Okra, plus FREE food and beer (Supplies limited. First come, first served.).

If you’ve ever volunteered for Evergreen, appreciate the work our volunteers do, or would like to volunteer, please join us. Evergreen will also be sharing information about its recent and upcoming projects. Everyone in the mountain bike community is invited! Please RSVP on our Facebook event page Volunteer Appreciation Celebrations & Mountain Bike Festival Kickoff | Facebook

Saturday, June 9th from 8:00am-5:00pm at Duthie Hill is the big day of the Festival with FREE bike demos from all the major brands, events for all ages, cross country and downhill races, a huck comp, raffles, food concessions and more. Trails will be open to ride.Come out and help us celebrate the completion of the bike park!

Sunday, June 10th from 9:00am-3:00pm the Evergreen Mountain Bike Festival moves to the Summit Ridge trails in Black Diamond (on the Real Life Church property) for the BikePalooza featuring more races and competitions for all abilities, kids events, FREE bike demos, raffles and more. Trails and freeride park will be open to ride throughout the day.

For more information about the festival visit: Evergreen Mountain Bike Festival! June 8th - 10th 2012

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Just a quick reminder this event is happening this weekend, rain or shine. Hope to see lots of MTBR folks there!

mtbr member
    Super sweet! I'll be there early Friday, pending weather.

Hey are tiles still for sale?
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    Super sweet! I'll be there early Friday, pending weather.

Hey are tiles still for sale?
    Weather shmeather. Hope to see you out there rain or shine. :-)

Sorry, no more tiles for sale. Thanks for asking though.

Prayin' for sun...

mtbr member
    Of course What I meant was I will be there at some point, but may not be there until later if it is pouring rain in the AM.

Looks like 20-30% chance of rain, we may get lucky:
    Hourly Weather Forecast for Issaquah - weather.com
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I'm gonna try and get to Duthie Sat. is there a list of companies coming to demo bikes? I heard that Specialized was coming... Anybody else? Conspiring against my stable again!

mtbr member
    I know Rocky Mtn will be there too.
    Tarekith.com

'17 Specialized Enduro Elite 29

mtbr member
    May 2004
    If anyone wants to help clear MO for the racing onslaught and block all the cheater short cuts real good, I'll be out there tomorrow about 3 and on to do so and could use some help clearing Cuss Hollow as well as the rest of the loop. PM or just show up. Thanks!

Justin Vander Pol
    Quote Originally Posted by scocra View Post
    I'm gonna try and get to Duthie Sat. is there a list of companies coming to demo bikes? I heard that Specialized was coming... Anybody else? Conspiring against my stable again!
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Festival! June 8th - 10th 2012

I see logos for Trek, Jamis, Specialized, Kona and Transition, Rocky Mountain, Santa Cruz, and Diamondback, plus a whole lotta shops, so I'd guess way more brands to try out than just the event sponsors. Should be a killer selection!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    does 8hrs of volunteer time count? :P

I'm hoping I can get a free pass for Saturday. I've got a lot going on that day though.

Wierdo
    Dec 2005
    Just FYI, June 9th is Cascade's Flying Wheels ride and the route is going to take thousands of roadies up the Issaquah-Fall City Rd. (past the service entrance/GR trail), right on SE Duthie Hill Rd. and then left on SE Issaquah-Beaver Lake Rd. Pack some patience.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    what's the scoop on parking tomorrow? Is the LDS allowing parking?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

6/9 - Clearing and service road

Because of the number of vendors and the very tight tolerances space-wise we ask those with access keys to the service gate to refrain from parking inside the park itself. If do feel you need to park along the service road, PLEASE make sure your vehicle is as far off the road as possible (some of the demo trucks are rather large).
    2010 SC Nomad 2.0
    2011 Specialized Demo II
    2011 CB Yelli Screamy
    2018 Evil the Following MB
    2019 Canyon Strive CF 8.0

Justin Vander Pol
    Quote Originally Posted by jojotherider View Post
    what's the scoop on parking tomorrow? Is the LDS allowing parking?
    Event Parking at Duthie

Yes, event parking has been arranged with the LDS church.

I'll be in the Evergreen booth today, stop by and say hi!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Awesome event. Tons o people and still not too much traffic on the trails.

mtbr member
    Agreed, loads and loads of fun today. Tested lots of new bikes out too, for some reason it seemed easier today than in years past, less waiting for people to return bikes this time.

That hot dog guy was BUSY!
    Tarekith.com

'17 Specialized Enduro Elite 29

mtbr member
    Some of the most fun I've had in ages. Being able to test out a bunch of bikes was awesome, but the entire atmosphere was just great. Thanks to all who work so hard to put these events together. As a new mountain biker (two months), it was so helpful to be able to try out different suspension designs, geometry, etc. It is also amazing to know that there is such a welcoming and cooperative community of bikers here in Washington. Friendly people all around. Met a new riding buddy. Nothing but praises for the event! Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Wish I could of made it!

Members who have read this thread: 0