Capitol Forest XC race course- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    111

    Capitol Forest XC race course

    Wondering if anyone knows if the course will be the same as last year. I can grab the GPX files from strava to go pre-ride the course next week if so. Otherwise, does anyone have files for this years'?

    Haven't ridden out there before, but hoping to race it this year. Any advice is welcome.

  2. #2
    I should be out riding
    Reputation: ACree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,844
    I believe the expert/SS loop is different, and a single loop course now. Same as last year to Wedekind, then continue on 8/porter to c-line, climb a short piece of road back to Wedekind, then back on Crestline. Same as last year from that point on, except no second short lap. At least that's how I interpreted the FOCF email awhile back.
    If it's not powered solely by you, it's motorized.

    Worshiping at the Church of Singletrack since 1993.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    419
    Can you post a link to the course if you have it?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by jjcarr View Post
    Can you post a link to the course if you have it?
    yeah, this would be great if someone has it! thanks guys!

  5. #5
    I should be out riding
    Reputation: ACree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,844
    My understanding from a friend at FOCF and an email on their list is that the Expert/SS loop will be this https://www.strava.com/activities/203908029 loop. I'm guessing they'll still have the start loop up the gravel road and down part of the LLMT as well (as shown in last years course https://www.strava.com/activities/178069232), but that is purely my conjecture and I have no involvement with FOCF.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by ACree View Post
    My understanding from a friend at FOCF and an email on their list is that the Expert/SS loop will be this https://www.strava.com/activities/203908029 loop. I'm guessing they'll still have the start loop up the gravel road and down part of the LLMT as well (as shown in last years course https://www.strava.com/activities/178069232), but that is purely my conjecture and I have no involvement with FOCF.
    sweet! this gives me a route to go ride this weekend. Thanks man!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    419
    Does anyone have a link to a GPX of that? I'd like to try it on my Garmin once before paying a fee for Strava. Want to make sure it works first.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    111
    Acree, hope it's OK that I uploaded your course to dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/s/tsss8adt2i...rfest.gpx?dl=0). Let me know if it's not OK and I will remove...

    jjcarr, let me know if the link does not work...

  9. #9
    I should be out riding
    Reputation: ACree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,844
    No prob, saved me the effort.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    142
    Hi,
    I'm thinking of doing the 50 miler in August. The trails are described as smooth and fast, so am I better to go with my hardtail? Thx!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by GSPChilliwack View Post
    Hi,
    I'm thinking of doing the 50 miler in August. The trails are described as smooth and fast, so am I better to go with my hardtail? Thx!
    I've raced the Cap Forest 50 twice on my hardtail SS, and once on my FS geared bike. I had more fun on the FS, but it's definitely rideable on a hardtail.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by sproqitman View Post
    I've raced the Cap Forest 50 twice on my hardtail SS, and once on my FS geared bike. I had more fun on the FS, but it's definitely rideable on a hardtail.
    Thanks. "More fun" is the goal. I've never ridden there and certainly won't be checking out any trails prior to the race, so I'll go the FS route.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    117
    For the most part, it is "fast and flowy", but there are a few rooty sections. I'm getting old, so I like having full squish for those.

Similar Threads

  1. Capitol Forest.
    By J.R.A. in forum Washington
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 01:31 PM
  2. Capitol Forest Enduro Race. Sign Up!
    By bigcrs in forum Canfield
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 08:38 PM
  3. NW Epic Capitol Forest Race
    By galbraithrider in forum Washington
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-26-2012, 09:49 PM
  4. Enduro race coming to Capitol Forest
    By sockeyered in forum Washington
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 04:58 PM
  5. New 12 Hour Mountain Bike Race Capitol Forest
    By L0wGear in forum Washington
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 09:29 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.