Just roll it......

Become a Member in December and support the WMBC!

Happy Holidays folks!

Angi Weston gets to coach and ride bikes all over the world, yet she believes Bellingham has the best trails and community anywhere!

Beyond helping preserve access to Galbraith FOREVER, did you know the WMBC built 7.2 miles of NEW trail on Galby in 2018 and rebuilt 10 miles post-timber harvest? That brings our total mileage on the mountain to 65 miles of trail!

Were you also aware that we helped build 5 miles of new trail on Lookout Mountain that now connects the two mountains. Both of those are just a small sample of what our little community did last year!

For 2019, our goals are equally as lofty with projects like building a proper parking lot for Galbraith and a new bike park on our waterfront.

You can read more about it and become a Member in December here:
    https://wmbcmtb.org/decembermembershipdrive/

Cheers!
    EB
    Last edited by ebxtreme; 4 Days Ago at 09:21 AM.

mtbr member
    I joined last year and will probably renew as I ride a lot up north in the winter. I am also a member of Evergreen mtb and that made me wonder. It seems a bit odd that I need to join another club even though Evergreen is supposed to work at the state level.

mtbr member
    Also my Galbraith trail donation thru Trailforks from last year is still pending (hasn't been accepted). WMBC must have too much money already

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pinchflat View Post
    I joined last year and will probably renew as I ride a lot up north in the winter. I am also a member of Evergreen mtb and that made me wonder. It seems a bit odd that I need to join another club even though Evergreen is supposed to work at the state level.
    I'm no expert, but hell, this is mtbr. Without getting too deep into their individual origin stories (which are complex and still trigger some ancient, mostly meaningless disputes among us old farts...), there's a long history for both WMBC and Evergreen as strong, independent orgs. One reason is that Bellingham has a super-concentrated trail system with a large number of projects and agreements to manage involving relationships cultivated with WMBC over years. At the same time, Evergreen really started primarily as an effort in the Seattle metro rider community; its evolution into a truly state-wide organization is a fairly recent development.

I don't think this stops them from collaborating at the state and regional level which they do a lot, and (from my mostly outside perspective) it seems to work well for them and benefits us as riders. I'm a contributing member of both, and can't believe how lucky I am to live here.

Just roll it......
    GeePhroh nailed it.

We're hyper focused on growing our sport in Whatcom County (and Blanchard which is in Skagit County) and have nurtured those relationships over the past 32 years. That said, we do a fair bit of collaborating with Evergreen staff on the various state-wide issues, lobby together and there's a lot of respect between both orgs. Certainly, we benefit from Evergreen's efforts particularly with DNR and State Parks. Personally, I continue to be a member of Evergreen despite doing the vast majority of my riding up here and in Canada.

Pinchflat, I saw your donation in December of last year, but I'm not seeing anything pending in Trailforks. Are you sure it didn't go through another system? Shoot me an email at wmbcmtb at gmail with any info. you have on that.

Cheers,
    EB

Justin Vander Pol
    Yeah, what these guys said about having both WMBC and Evergreen. When I was at the helm of Evergreen (so long ago now!) and we wanted to truly serve the whole state, it was important to all of us that we stayed focused on the mission: making f地 awesome trails in WA. It meant NOT turning this into a turf war (like IMBA tried to do with us). So if WMBC was focused on the mission, then Evergreen would collaborate with them instead of getting all insecure and trying to compete with WMBC. It works. Any chapters that have joined Evergreen have done it on their own accord. If a group wants to stay independent, then we値l all work together for awesome trails. I think it痴 amazing what WMBC is doing these days.

Re-upping my WMBC membership now, which is sadly long expired.

mtbr member
    I gladly support both organizations. We're lucky in WA to have such great advocacy groups.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice View Post
    Yeah, what these guys said about having both WMBC and Evergreen. When I was at the helm of Evergreen (so long ago now!) and we wanted to truly serve the whole state, it was important to all of us that we stayed focused on the mission: making f地 awesome trails in WA. It meant NOT turning this into a turf war (like IMBA tried to do with us). So if WMBC was focused on the mission, then Evergreen would collaborate with them instead of getting all insecure and trying to compete with WMBC. It works. Any chapters that have joined Evergreen have done it on their own accord. If a group wants to stay independent, then we値l all work together for awesome trails. I think it痴 amazing what WMBC is doing these days.

Re-upping my WMBC membership now, which is sadly long expired.
    What could be better than one awesome trail organization? Well, two of course!

Both organizations have accomplished tremendous things for their members and deserve as much support as we can give them.

I'll donate to WMBC early next year after I dig out from Christmas expenses.
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I知 in! I知 a sucker for a sweet tech tee (or a brick for that matter).

Keep up the good work EB!