Baby Steps Adding Up at CR Bike Park- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Baby Steps Adding Up at CR Bike Park

When you dream big, it takes a while. We broke ground at the Castle Rock Bike Park in June and have made big strides.

We still need to acquire more materials, but we are on the edge of starting the most significant feature in the skills area - approximately 500 feet of elevated trail that will keep riders out of the muck and make the park rideable throughout the year.

Most recent work and photo of a new ramp and flat-drop here.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Not sure what the point of a "flat" drop is in a skills park that is that high with not much roll in... Pretty advanced move to wheelie drop 3' for most riders.

At least without some "rollable" starter ones at 1 and 2 feet maybe?

Maybe just set up some lawn chairs and a fire pit facing it and name it, "Entertainment Center"...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Flat Drop

It's part of our something-for-everybody approach. As noted in the article at the link, there will be a ramp for mere mortals. Just haven't had time to build it yet.

This is just one of many, many features. Trust me - there will be drops of varying heights throughout the park.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Just not what I was expecting with the title, "Baby Steps".... I was like, "Dayyym, you all start 'em a little higher on the learning path down there..." Then, I was smiling when I imagined you all were showing that as the "beginner baby step drop" to the city council folks...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Flat Drop

Things have mainly been dependent on materials and opportunity. The flat-drop was a perfect fit in a small space on the south end of the site and I happened to have the right materials on hand. I will confess that seeing it led the city to quickly come up with a ride-at-your-own risk sign.