You deleware people are spoiled (White Clay/Middlerun)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

You deleware people are spoiled (White Clay/Middlerun)

I took the day off from work yesterday to hit up white clay and middlerun for the first time. That place is amazing and whoever maintains/builds those trails is worth every penny. The trails are the definition of smooth and flowy. How busy does it get on the weekends? The only problem I could see is there are a lot of blind corners that could be a problem with the mix of runners/hikers/bikers.

As soon as I got home, I jumped on the DE parks website and bought a annual pass.

Masher
    I was thinking about taking a trip up there this weekend if the weather clears up. Could you be a little more specific I'm having trouble finding good information on what trails are for what level riders, where to drop in and such.

And how much is an annual pass? I live South of Baltimore so it might be a bit far for that, but I have a hard time passing up a good deal.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    FWIW, there are plenty of places to park where you don't need a pass. The bird sanctuary is one of them. If you already bought one then at least you have the comfort in knowing your money is going to a good parks system. I buy a pass every year, but I also go to all the parks for various reasons.

I've only been there twice (I'm a newbie) and I love it there. I just want to get a bell for blind corners. Very flowy and smooth.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Most of the trail work is done by the state of DE the Delaware Trailspinners. www.trailspinners.org

For those new to the park, there is a pdf trail map at www.kencox.net The map also shows surrounding roads, so hopefully that will help you locate places to park.

Feel free to join the Trailspinners Yahoo group to hear about events, rides, trail mintenance etc.
    Either you rode today, or you didn't.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I ride the Middle Run/WhiteClay/Judge Morris circuit about three times a week and without a bell it can be dangerous in areas due to traffic. On the weekends the Judge Morris loop can get congested since its only 3.6miles and has close parking for hikers. As for everything else the sky is the limit on milage 20+ is easy without doubling back on any trail.
    For those interested in learning the areas, see the map listed above. Most of what is there are large loops and its difficult to get lost as they eventually take you full circle.

Also on a side note if it was not for DTS keeping these trails the way they are we would be out one great spot to ride. (Proud to be a DTS member!)

www.Delawaretrailspinners.org

Never trust a fart
    WOW, alot has been added since my last trip to these trails. Time to head back out again.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Middle Run/White Clay is probably one of my favorite and best places to ride.I've only been riding it for a little over a year,but i've managed about 15 rides there.There seems to be something for everyone out there.I taken friends from XC,Freeride,AM backgrounds and no one has ever been disappointed.

I wish i lived closer and more time to beable to help out with the trails.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    For anyone interested in riding the trails that might not know the area I will be there riding for about 2hrs, 20miles or so. Leaving from the Day use Bird Sanctuary lot abot 8am. If you wanna join let me know.

Members who have read this thread: 0