White Sulphur Springs- Mtbr.com

Jul 2004

White Sulphur Springs

I'm going to be working at the Greenbrier next week, any trail recomendations for the White Sulphur Springs area?

Apr 2005

Some hints

Quote Originally Posted by djohnd01
    I'm going to be working at the Greenbrier next week, any trail recomendations for the White Sulphur Springs area?
    You will be real close too Snowshoe and cass, I am thinking something like 60 miles there are too many trails to name in the area. Also Douthat state park in virginia is not too far down I64 just to the east. good luck

Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpastump
    You will be real close too Snowshoe and cass, I am thinking something like 60 miles there are too many trails to name in the area. Also Douthat state park in virginia is not too far down I64 just to the east. good luck
    Thanks, but I'm looking for something a little closer, was thinking maybe Greenbrier State Forest or some trails outside of Covington, VA, (I'll be working so I can only afford to sneak off for a little while).

the unvarnished nonsense
    Quote Originally Posted by djohnd01
    Thanks, but I'm looking for something a little closer, was thinking maybe Greenbrier State Forest or some trails outside of Covington, VA, (I'll be working so I can only afford to sneak off for a little while).
    The Greenbrier State Forest has some good singletrack and is probably your best bet. It's just a few miles from the Greenbrier by car. Drive under I-64 and keep going straight throgh the tunnel and you'll hit it. Also, you can climb the forest road up Kate's Mountain (across from the main Greenbrier Resort entrance) and find the singletracks that end up in Greenbrier State Forest. You'll see these only after you pass the antenna, I believe. There are a few doubletracks prior to the marked trails that end up on private land, so watch for trail signs. Trail maps are available at the ranger's station, and if I can find mine I'll scan it and post it here with some recommended routes.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

Jul 2004
    Much thanks for the info, I'm heading out this am and will hopefully be on the trail this afternoon!