White Clay/ Fair Hill- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

White Clay/ Fair Hill

What are the main differences between the two?? I rode at white clay for the first time last week i loved the flow of the trails and the jumps throughout, same with some of the wooden features. I am going to go again tomorrow, but wanted to see if maybe i should try fair hill this time. Just basically want to know the comparison and what everyone likes better. Thanks

mtbr member
    Fair Hill is less marked and a bit bumpier, but still more hardpack than technical. Seemed nice and twisty, less fast but still good flow. I haven't seen all of it, but it seemed like a place you'd have to explore a bit if you weren't familiar with the layout. Both are really fun but WC/MR seems easier to just jump into and enjoy. Keep in mind I'm no expert on either really, but that's my take on them from what I've seen.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    If you just want to ride to get lost or just to explore definitely go to fair hill. Between 75-100 miles of trail I believe. If you want to ride fast and not think much, go to White Clay. Excellent for Singlespeed also.
    "Want to ride some more miles...?"

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    yeah just got home, i went to white clay again this time i rode some of the middle run section. I loved the trails on that side as well. Corkscrew was pretty cool!

Members who have read this thread: 0