Where to ride near Arlington- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Where to ride near Arlington

Hi guys.
    I will be visiting my brother in Arlington late Feb and early March. Is there any good techy singletrack near Arlington. How about a shop that will rent a real MTB.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench Monkey
    Hi guys.
    I will be visiting my brother in Arlington late Feb and early March. Is there any good techy singletrack near Arlington. How about a shop that will rent a real MTB.
    Thanks.
    How far are you willing to travel? There is Wakefield, it is fun. But not real techy. There Fountainhead a little further out. Again fun but not real techy. There is also Rosaryville, Fast and flowy, not techy. Check out this site for directions to rides in the D.C. area.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Due to a small amount of free time, I would only be able to drive about 30min away.
    Most of the trails I ride are techy,rooty and some man made stunts, but fast and flowy would be a nice change. Most rental bikes probably could not handle techy trails anyway.
    Thanks for the info and the link.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Conte's has a shop in Arlington that rents out MTBs for $50/day:

http://contebikes.com/page.cfm?PageID=632 (3rd Item)

Spokes, etc. another bike shop used to do rentals, but I don't think they do it any longer. Revolution Cycles is also in Arlington, but I'm not sure if they do rentals.

Wakefield/Accotink is probably your best bet if you can only drive out 30 mins. Fountainhead is a bit more fun but is closer to a 40 min drive from Arlington if time is really a big issue.

Members who have read this thread: 0