What bike are you guys buying next ??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

What bike are you guys buying next ??

and when are you gonna pick it up ?? I've been wanting a nice full suspension bike for about a year now...I've been looking into the new Santa Cruz Blur LT...the Santa Cruz Nomad and the Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC 50 or 70..I'll probably pick up something this coming spring...Hopefully....

Here's a couple of pics....

The Santa Cruz Blur LT...

The Nomad...

and the Rock Mountain Slayer SXC 50...

mtbr member
    Whew...Sweet looking bikes...30 pounders? Gotta love those "all-mountain" bikes...man you can huck some major drops with those.

I need a new name
    Jun 2004
    I've been thinking about a burly hardtail, something like a Banshee Sciroco, Santa Cruz Chameleon, or Cove Stiffee FR with a Pike on the front.
    i ride bikes

the mountian is within
    Nov 2004
    vyper005-get the rocky mtn.
    tried one in NC mtns and was empressed with its uphill-the downhill goes without saying!
    i own a bikeshop in WV thetruewheelwv.com

the mountian is within
    Nov 2004

snatch!

Today!A new frame!
    we have a Vassago Bandersnatch-blood red!my size,and the guy is gonna wait till spring to decide what bike...
    thought this would happen,dang,guess its mine
    had a few bikes,but went back to my mt. tam 29-heck its 1st run model 02.
    but this frame is the 1st bike lust moment in years!
    the frame gets here today or tue.
    great-20 degrees high wind and snow after work all week.
    hmm-a "got a new bike "sign work as an excuse for a daylight ride?
    i own a bikeshop in WV thetruewheelwv.com

the unvarnished nonsense

no mas

No more...I'm done. OK, there's an outside chance I'll pony up for a nicer road bike down the line, but no more MTB's. Seriously.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

www.justthebonnet.com
    davis, you got a 29er, you are done! I picked one up & I wish I had not waited so long to ride a 29er. I may get a Gary Fischer HiFi since our shop sponsors our team & I can pick up a nice full squish 29er to play on
    Capt_Phun's Riding Blog:
    http://captphun.blogspot.com/

I better go get my headlamp while I'm sober....ish

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Buying a 2008 Giant Yukon tomorrow

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Just bought a CX bike. It's definitely my favorite bike in the stable right now. Don't plan on buying another bike for awhile.

IF, and a big IF, my frame goes on my MTB, then more than likely my next frame will say "Salsa" on it (Ala Carte, steel is reel, or Moto Rapido). It will without a doubt though be able to fit 650b wheels. That 26" up front is for the birds.

Vyper, a buddy of mine has a Superlight and he really likes it. It gets rave reviews online and is a simple single pivot. Definitely looks good, and I noticed Santa Cruz dominates your list above. IMO, it's more suited for the area we live in.

Jun 2007
    Cove Handjob, SC Superlight or possibly a Bandersnatch for the 2009 season. I've got my eye on a Long Haul Trucker as well.

If I move back to the rockies this spring I'll be looking for a 5-6" trail bike. Probably a Heckler.

www.justthebonnet.com
    A rode a superlight for over 4 years. I won many races on it & beat the living crap out of it. It was a great bike....until I swung my leg over a 29er. Took 2 weeks to be sold & put the superlight on ebay. If you never rode a 29er, you owe it a test ride.
    As much as I loved my superlight, and all the Shufflers will remind me of saying. "I'll ride my superlight till it breaks", well the 29er changed my mind quickly.
    Capt_Phun's Riding Blog:

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I just bought this bike last week. Fuji Reveal 1.0
    Here is the review
    http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/fuji-reveal-10-pro-review/
    I'm loving it so far!

the unvarnished nonsense
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt_phun
    davis, you got a 29er, you are done!
    Exactly. I wouldn't mind trying someone else's FS 29'er (so if you get one, call me ) but I surprisingly don't miss the rear suspension now that I'm used to the HT again. Plus, this bike crap is just too damned spendy. You know how much snowboard stuff you can get for the price of a decent bike? A ton. Plus a season pass. Still have enough left over to pay for months of daily beer drinking while on said slopes. Of course, having a baby pretty much means those days are over too. Well, at least not every day.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 88 rex
    Vyper, a buddy of mine has a Superlight and he really likes it. It gets rave reviews online and is a simple single pivot. Definitely looks good, and I noticed Santa Cruz dominates your list above. IMO, it's more suited for the area we live in.
    Doesnt the Superlight have a weight limit ?? I'm about 215-220...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I've been riding a Cannondale Prophet since 2005. Just picked up a 2008 C'dale F29er 2 on Friday. Rode it at Middle Run on Sunday. Wow, I feel like a new rider. Done shopping for awhile.

mtbr member
    I guess you can only advertise your bike for sale on the classifieds, I noticed the thread I posted is now gone...darn, was starting to get response...oh well do a classified with the other 1,000's of bikes...but in the meantime pass it on everyone I'm selling my 2007 Cannondale Carbon Rush 2 for $1800 OBO all stock except have different tires on it (Ignitors on rear, and Conti Explorers on Front)...thanks for your help everyone.

Going to be picking up a Niner Jet9 tomorrow....can't wait...

Ed

www.justthebonnet.com
    Quote Originally Posted by cableguy46
    I guess you can only advertise your bike for sale on the classifieds, I noticed the thread I posted is now gone...darn, was starting to get response...oh well do a classified with the other 1,000's of bikes...but in the meantime pass it on everyone I'm selling my 2007 Cannondale Carbon Rush 2 for $1800 OBO all stock except have different tires on it (Ignitors on rear, and Conti Explorers on Front)...thanks for your help everyone.

Going to be picking up a Niner Jet9 tomorrow....can't wait...

Ed
    As long as you pay your $2.00 for the classified, you can usually put a thread titled:
    SPAM, bikes description

then in the thread body you can put a link to the classifieds.
    Capt_Phun's Riding Blog:

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vyper005
    Doesnt the Superlight have a weight limit ?? I'm about 215-220...

I don't know about the weight limit. I think that is a question for the dealer or manufacturer. If you keep riding though, that weight will most likely come down

Members who have read this thread: 0