This Weekend- Mtbr.com

Thread: This Weekend

veinte nueve pulgadas

This Weekend

Pending our reservation of accomodations, it looks like the family and I will be hanging out in the C'Ville/W'Boro area this weekend. Sunday looks chilly, and they seem to have knocked the rain out of the forecast for saturday. Anybody up for a ride on saturday or sunday morning (or afternoon, depending on whats convenient)? mud'n'sweat was suggesting Walnut Creek. Amaner sounded like he might be down. I don't know the area at all, and I don't know any of you (yet), but it would be cool to get a nice ride together.

I'm riding a rigid, SS 29er right now @ 2:1 for a whopping 58 gear inches. What are the hills like out there? I can gear down to 32:17 or 32:18, but I don't want to be spinning out too much. I'm a hammerer, not a spinner.

Feb 2006
    I hit Walnut today and the riding was EXCELLENT! GO GO GO! Even after a snow this week, it's amazing how two days later the riding is superb. I did about 12 miles which is the majority of the riding there and everything was definitely on the up and up. I wish I didn't have to work this weekend or I would be out with you guys. Have fun

Oh, I'd stick with 2:1 if you are a hammerer, but you may want a bit of front suspension, it's a bit rocky and rooty

I like Monkeys
    Quote Originally Posted by nzumbi
    Pending our reservation of accomodations, it looks like the family and I will be hanging out in the C'Ville/W'Boro area this weekend. Sunday looks chilly, and they seem to have knocked the rain out of the forecast for saturday. Anybody up for a ride on saturday or sunday morning (or afternoon, depending on whats convenient)? mud'n'sweat was suggesting Walnut Creek. Amaner sounded like he might be down. I don't know the area at all, and I don't know any of you (yet), but it would be cool to get a nice ride together.

I'm riding a rigid, SS 29er right now @ 2:1 for a whopping 58 gear inches. What are the hills like out there? I can gear down to 32:17 or 32:18, but I don't want to be spinning out too much. I'm a hammerer, not a spinner.
    The missus and I are planning on riding on Saturday morning. It will probably be a very easy (Slow) pace. We may be too slow for you but I can give you a couple of routes. We don't know the trails extremely well (we're from Lynchburg) but we can find our way out

I'll be on a red stumpy FSR and the missus on a white Julianna.
    What do I want to be when I grow up.....Dead!

We want... a shrubbery!
    Nzumbi,

I'd be up for another ride--although I haven't been out to Walnut Creek yet. Well, i would PM you now, but I should probably get to class.
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Calvin : Ahhh, another bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! The second bowl is always the best! The pleasure of my first bowl is diminished by the anticipation of future bowls and by the end of my third bowl, I usually feel sick.
    Hobbes : Maybe you shouldn't use chocolate milk.
    Calvin : I tried Cola, but the bubbles went up my nose.

Feb 2006
    No worries if no one who knows the trails end with you guys. There is a map at the bike parking area and all the trails are well marked and easy to figure out. I can gladly recommend some routes for you guys too if you want.

veinte nueve pulgadas
    Amaner suggested Burke Farm on Sunday. Probably in the morning, but not too early. 9:00 maybe?

Feb 2006
    I have yet to hear of Burke Farm, where is that located?

veinte nueve pulgadas
    I defer to amaner on that issue....

Members who have read this thread: 0