Want to go to Snowshoe WC DH race in September...........- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Want to go to Snowshoe WC DH race in September...........

So the wife and I want to attend this event and I've been looking at the village maps and whatnot, and am trying to figure out what lodging options may be best. We just plan to eat, drink and watch racing for 3 days. Don't mind being in the middle of the fun, but we're a little older and don't mind being able to sleep away from the noise either. $$ looks reasonable for must places(studio, 1 bedroom). Welcome any other tips while visiting. We're driving in from Chicago area, so just park the car once until we leave I hope........cheers.
    9:Zero:7 Whiteout
    Ibis Ripley LS v2
    Ibis Ripmo

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I'm not sure about the prices, but if you want to park and walk, the Village/Rimfire area is literally right on top of the restaurants and Starbucks. They are a short walk to the Western Territory (where the big action takes place). You can check Mountain Lodge and Treeetop (Treetop may not have singles - maybe pricier) - They are a little further away. Stemwinder is very close to the Western Territory (singles doubtful and maybe pricier). Whistlepink is directly across the street from the Western Territory (Whistlepunk is pricy but it might have singles). All of these places are within walking distance to food, bike shop and DH biking.

The bargain may be Mountain Lodge.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Cool, thanks for the info!
    Ibis Ripley LS v2
    Ibis Ripmo

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    The Village area/Rimfire may be louder (proximity to action), but I've never stayed in those condos. Mountain Lodge could be a little loud as well. It's an indoor condo area that is known for better prices. Could have some wild-children there. Just guesses though.

Edit: Frankly, there are lots of places within walking distance in the warm summer months (rain is a probability though). A little further away is Shamrock and the other way is Wabasso. Summit is very close. Prices and availability of singles will vary.

Very good XC riding on the mountain too - if you're into that.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Better book now... There's limited options there and most people I know, myself included, booked back when they announced in September. I haven't been (to SS or a WC) before, but from what I hear a WC event is going to stretch every amenity in town to its limits.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    There are still some decent options and I am going to book by this weekend, just trying to see if I can get some friends to come. I'll be coming back from a 9 day trip to Whistler on Labor day, so I'll have had my fill of riding and can just relax, drink beer and be in awe of the riders/riding. Maybe I throw the Bronson on the rack, just because.........Cheers!
    Ibis Ripley LS v2
    Ibis Ripmo