Virginia Pine Trail- Mtbr.com
    CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007

Virginia Pine Trail

BikerJen mentioned this new trail recently on my last post on Mill Mountain. Took a few trailside pics there a couple of weeks ago, so this seems like a good time to post them. The top of this trail is accessed from Wood Thrush trail. The bottom of the trail comes out in Garden City East of Roanoke. The trail appears to be all but done.

Trail has a skinny and a bypass.

Most trails on Mill Mountain are wide open and fast. This trail is more twisty, turny, kind of like some of the Explore Park trails.

The lower end of the trail comes out in Garden City suburbia on Hartsook Blvd.

The trail seems like a half mile going down and a mile going up on the climb, so its probably somewhere in between. It's a nice addition to the Mill Mountain Trail network. Thanks BikerJen and Friends.

mtbr member
    Looking at my map, I'm guessing 1/2 - 3/4 mile long?!? I hope to get you more details about all of the trails soon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    excellent news. I ll head up there later in the week, when it warms back up.

Because I am !
    Glad to see you are still getting out there CCR. I'm thinking of changing my screen name to Slacker cause I haven't been on the bike since January ( Whoops, that's a lie, just went to Rays Indoor MTB Park a two weeks ago). Have been out working on trails and building some new ones so I guess I've at least been in the woods. Thanks for the post. Always enjoy looking at other trails and wishing I was there.

Just to prove I was out there CCR, you'll appreciate this piece of blowdown we left in place
    on 10 Acre Trail in North Bend State Park near Harrisville, WV.

ODN ( official slacker )
    Last edited by outdoornut; 02-22-2009 at 10:14 AM.
    Caffeine ! "Do stupid things faster and with more energy" ! !

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Nice firewood there Slacker - ah, I mean ODN. As long as you get in the woods, its all good. I did some trail work behind the house yesterday. Good time of year for that - If March doesn't deposit more "firewood". Too cold for me to ride today - so I'm slacking by the wood stove. See ya in WV or Douthat sometime this year. I'm sure you will wear off that Slacker name before long.

mtbr member

Roanoke City Published The Map!!!

MILL MOUNTAIN PARK TRAILS

and the published distance for Virginia Pine is 1/2 mile

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007

I like the map.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerJen
    MILL MOUNTAIN PARK TRAILS

and the published distance for Virginia Pine is 1/2 mile

Very Nice BikerJen!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Thats awsome. me and fiancee where just talking about where what trails lie in conjunction with one another.

Members who have read this thread: 0