Virginia Beach Dirt Jumps- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2016

Virginia Beach Dirt Jumps

Anyone know some good spots? I moved here a year ago. I'm trying to get better at dirt jumps, but Indian River (Ipswich) doesn't seem like a good place for progression. The jumps are either extremely tiny or huge, high consequence, gap jumps.

i found one other spot near the Driver's World at Rosemont and 264 which isn't too bad but it's a small little trail.

Are there really no pump tracks or anything in Virginia Beach and Norfolk?? I live near Town Center (264 and Independence) and usually don't have the time to go across the HRBT except on weekends where I'll usually hit Freedom Park.

Please, if you know any good little spots in Virginia Beach/Chesapeake/Norfolk where I can get in some air time and work up to Ipswich level, let me know!
    '16 Kona Honzo AL/DL

mtbr member
    PM sent.
    Santa Cruz HT2

mtbr member
    It would have been nice to post that info for everyone to see. I lived in va beach for 7 years and spent most of my time between freedom park, ipswich area, and urban riding. There is some great urban style riding all along the main beach area (up against to a block back from the boardwalk). There are some smaller jumps not far from ipswich's main jumps, although I couldn't say how to get there. Freedom park had a couple decent small table tops that allow for learning jumping without the risk of destroying yourself. The only thing I can tell you about those is if you are in the parking lot with the portapotty and small historical house on your right, the entrance to the tabletops was 1/8 mile or less up the road on the left. When I was on the jump, I could see the road through the trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    the pusher, No locations were sent, so far it remains a mystery where some good dirt jumps are around here haha. What kind of urban riding do you do? I just bought a Specialized p.3 Pro for learning trials on and riding around town, hitting gaps and stuff. I'll def check out the area you're talking about around ocean front
    Last edited by tylercall88; 09-18-2017 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Edit: I made it sound like there are no good dirt jumps around here. Indian river jumps def look like they're good jumps, they're just monsters

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tylercall88 View Post
    the pusher, No locations were sent, so far it remains a mystery where some good dirt jumps are around here haha. What kind of urban riding do you do? I just bought a Specialized p.3 Pro for learning trials on and riding around town, hitting gaps and stuff. I'll def check out the area you're talking about around ocean front
    I do mostly trail riding now, but I used to do a lot of drops, big gaps, wallrides, etc. It might take a few times of looking around, but there are lots of random things around the oceanfront. I canít remember where it is(maybe 11th st?), but there are two side by side raised up parking lots with a street in between them. They are 5-6 ft in the air, and a wide sidewalk to the street. It never got old jumping that gap to the street. I used to park by the half pipe near the convention center and ride in (So I didnít ever pay to park). Iíve never been kicked out of any spots down there, so thatís a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtbag
    Not much in VB as far as mountain biking. Ipswich, Oceana, First Landing... not legal but they're still ridden. Mostly built by neighborhood kids from way back. If there was an old farm field with woods on the outskirts, there's most likely a bmx/dirt bike/quad trail.
    Amolan