traveling through WV and VA and need a trail- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

traveling through WV and VA and need a trail

I am traveling north through WV and VA on highway 77 tomorrow. I was hoping to find a great place to ride to break up the trip. I would be willing to drive 30min to an hour off the highway. If anyone has any suggestions that would they would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Looking for a Medium Scott Scale frame, preferably a 2012 in 26.

the unvarnished nonsense
    Around Beckley you'll find some rides around the New River Gorge area. I'm not at all familiar with the area, but I think the place you may want to try to call is named Ace Outdoor Outfitters....or something like that....I'm sure about the "Ace" part anyway.

If you're headed past Charleston, WV, you'd probably be pretty happy with Kanawha State Forest. LowCel and Crashedandburned ride there all of the time and you can find their posts by doing a search for "Kanawha" or "KSF". Again, that's LowCel's backyard and maybe he'll chime in here and give you some actually usable information.

Have a safe trip.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

Feb 2006
    You won't be in VA long on 77, but there are some great places to ride in that vicinity. All the trails in Mt. Rodgers Ntl. forrest are superb.

mtbr member
    Thanks mud'n'sweat, and davis. I think I am going to hit the trails around roanoke mostly because I was able to find the most info on them and I am pretty sure I won't get lost. Thanks for your help though, maybe I will see you guys out there.
    Looking for a Medium Scott Scale frame, preferably a 2012 in 26.

Members who have read this thread: 0