Trail work pics- Mtbr.com

Thread: Trail work pics

I throw poo

Trail work pics

I just thought I'd share this e-mail I got from the local Mtb club.

Dear members and non members,

Here is a link with pics of the new trail.

http://www.cambc.org/WCP_reroute_pic...2006_01_07.pdf

We had a good turn out (13 people) on Saturday. We built a new trail/reroute and got it to point where it is ridable. Having something ridable after working for 3 hours is nice reward and it was more than I expected to get done with only 13 people.

There is still some finishing work remaining such as blending the backslope on the benching, lengthening the rock wall at the top, and reclaiming the old trail. We're kicking around the idea of narrowing the old trail, installing checksteps (log steps) and keeping it partially open for primar! ily for hiking purposes down to the disc golf tee.

After working all morning, one of the attendees decided CAMBC needs another McLeod tool and made a private donation to cover that expense. I'd like to thank all of our dues paying members who, through their financial generosity, allow CAMBC to have and maintain the tools, insurance, list serve/website, group rides, and other items needed for the continued efforts of improving riding opportunities in the Charlottesville Area and beyond.

If you would like to become a member of CAMBC, info is provided at http://www.cambc.org/join.php

If you have never participated in trail maintenance, or it has been a while, we'd like to have you come out to a future event. No skills are required, just a willing mind.

Cordially,

Will Sanford
    Dang it, now I'm running a coolness deficit for sure.

featherweight clydesdale
    That's pretty cool

I like Monkeys
    Looks great.. I come up there from Lynchburg to Ride on occasion and the trail around the dam was getting a little muddy. I also noticed some new routes between the bikers lot and the beach lot that weren't there the last time we were there (probably 1.5 years). Nice work, keep it up. Post your next workday, we may make it up to help as long as there is a ride afterwards.

VaughnA
    Forest, Va
    What do I want to be when I grow up.....Dead!

I throw poo
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnA
    Looks great.. I come up there from Lynchburg to Ride on occasion and the trail around the dam was getting a little muddy. I also noticed some new routes between the bikers lot and the beach lot that weren't there the last time we were there (probably 1.5 years). Nice work, keep it up. Post your next workday, we may make it up to help as long as there is a ride afterwards.

VaughnA
    Forest, Va
    I didn't have anything to do with the trail work itself, I was at work , bu I'm hoping to get to the next one. I will post it though, and I do believe that there's usually a ride afterward.
    Dang it, now I'm running a coolness deficit for sure.

Members who have read this thread: 0