Tick problem at Fair Hill, MD!!!!- Mtbr.com

Jan 2004

Tick problem at Fair Hill, MD!!!!

Holy ticks!!! I've had so many issues with ticks when I ride in Fair Hill. These frickers even try to attach when I use Deet!!!! It must run out of potentcy after riding a few hours. I've never had tick problems at other trails like at Fair Hill. Watch out and be sure to load up with deet. I use the stuff in the orange bottle that you squeeze onto your hand and rub in and then spray Deep Woods Off onto my socks, shoes and clothes. I find at least 3-4 ticks on me if I do not use the stuff. I also am finding them after using the stuff. Just a warning to watch out when riding Fair Hill, MD!!!

Jun 2005
    Geez, that stinks. I usually wear a bandana covering my head under the helmet but I usually don't do anythng else....I should use Deet then I guess. That stinks...I hate those things.

mtbr member
    last season I had a tick crawl up the side of my leg and I must have gotten bit on the thigh. Of course I did not realize this until a day or two later. What I found was the classic bullseye circle of the damn tick bite. I caught it in time and the Doc. put me on meds. NO LYMN for me!

Jan 2004

Yup, they're sneaky!!!

Quote Originally Posted by upontwo
    last season I had a tick crawl up the side of my leg and I must have gotten bit on the thigh. Of course I did not realize this until a day or two later. What I found was the classic bullseye circle of the damn tick bite. I caught it in time and the Doc. put me on meds. NO LYMN for me!

I had one 'fall off' onto my sheets after taking a shower, then taking a nap. Prior to that I did a 'Tick Check' and saw nothing. No idea where it came from. Then, I found a tick dug into my stomach area. It was a nymph, smaller than others. Wasn't bedded in deep and I just used my fingers to pluck it out. No idea how it got onto my stomach. Luckily, I was already on antibiotics for a bacterial infection I had. The tick was actually dead. No bullseye for me. I haven't found any on my head. I use a head wrap.

mtbr member

This Season?

Well so far so good! I have not had a tick all this season." Knock on carbon", and hopefully I will not have any more in the future. I havn't been up to fairhill this season at all, I live near the Patapsco, Avalon section of the state park but I love fairhill... CrackHead Bob, ect.. Man , I have to get back up that way!

Seeya

Rob