Thanks to J Diver.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Thanks to J Diver.

Appreciate the directions to the Mill Mountain trails and the suggestions for where to ride, good time had by all.

Thanks,

Jay

mtbr member
    Hi... It's me - the one who gave you directions. It was very odd to see my map handed to me. Hope you guys had a good ride. I had to come sign up for the forums. I'm not sure I ever signed up here before. HA!

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    How are the Mill Mountain Trails after The Thaw? Hope to night ride there some this week.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The trails are Great, rode them for the first time Sunday with Jay who started this post. Weather should be nice this week, have a great ride. Thanks again BikerJen.

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerJen
    Hi... It's me - the one who gave you directions. It was very odd to see my map handed to me. Hope you guys had a good ride. I had to come sign up for the forums. I'm not sure I ever signed up here before. HA!
    Welcome to the Forum BikerJen. I may have bumped into you on Mill Mountain at some time, I ride there a couple times a week (at least) after work weather permitting.

Ti, Glad to here the trails are good. Can't wait to hit them again.

mtbr member
    We, the Roanoke Valley Mountain Bike Patrol (we're actually an IMBA approved Patrol!) are hoping to have some group rides soon. Does that sound like something you'd be interested in? Perhaps as a way of seeing how to link the trails together? Please let me know how we can be of assistance to you. Also, we're hoping to work on removing the leaves from the trails (especially Riser) once the weather calms. We cleared Riser on New Year's Day and it was quickly covered back by the high and frequent winds.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    me and my fiancee will be riding the mill mountain trails tomorrow anyone else heading out? I am interested in the group rides let me know. I also like the idea of ending the ride at fork in the alley for food and beer.

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by noremedy
    me and my fiancee will be riding the mill mountain trails tomorrow anyone else heading out? I am interested in the group rides let me know. I also like the idea of ending the ride at fork in the alley for food and beer.
    I'm not sure if I can ride today - fighting a head cold If you start doing a group ride, what time would you start? 5:30 would be the earliest I could get there - if all the stars line up right. Now, I have to night ride - but in couple of weeks daylight savings kicks in. I like the idea. Beers at Fork in the Alley sounds good too.

Also if anyone's interested in joining, NMan and I ride Monday evenings weather permitting. We meet at the pedestrian bridge across Roanoke River between the Athletic Fields and Roanoke Rec. Headquarters & National Guard Armory (where Victory Stadium was) at 5:45 and ride up Mill Mountain.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    530 sounds good once daylight saving times kickes in.

mtbr member
    Sounds like a good idea. Let me know when you're riding if riding on a regular basis. I could always show up and ride and represent the Bike Patrol =).

mtbr member

Roanoke City Published The Map!!!!

MILL MOUNTAIN PARK TRAILS with distances!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0