Sunday Oct. 9th ride SW VA- Mtbr.com
    www.justthebonnet.com

Sunday Oct. 9th ride SW VA

Anyone up for a ride this sunday, October 9th in SW VA? Explore park, Carvin's cove, Pandapas Pond??? I was planning on Pandapas, but I'm open for riding with some people wherever, I'll even bring the beer
    Capt_Phun's Riding Blog:
    http://captphun.blogspot.com/

I better go get my headlamp while I'm sober....ish

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt_phun
    Anyone up for a ride this sunday, October 9th in SW VA? Explore park, Carvin's cove, Pandapas Pond??? I was planning on Pandapas, but I'm open for riding with some people wherever, I'll even bring the beer

Where ya living at nowadays?

www.justthebonnet.com
    For now it appears to be Blacksburg,VA.
    Capt_Phun's Riding Blog:
    http://captphun.blogspot.com/

I better go get my headlamp while I'm sober....ish

the unvarnished nonsense
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt_phun
    For now it appears to be Blacksburg,VA.
    ROTF! Glad ya figured that one out. We're leaving for Pittsburgh on the 9th, or that free beer would be damned tempting. Mmmmmm......beeeeerrrrrrrrr.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by davis
    ROTF! Glad ya figured that one out. We're leaving for Pittsburgh on the 9th, or that free beer would be damned tempting. Mmmmmm......beeeeerrrrrrrrr.
    Hey Davis,

I'm gonna be in Charleston for a ride w/ Bruce at the end of the month. I'll probably go thru Va to get back home and was thinking of hitting Douthat on the way. How far off of I-64/77 is the park? any entry fees? Would you and/or Capt Phun like to hook up for a ride to show me around? I'm thinking about 2-3 hour ride on the new Titus. I don't know how far from the park you live but if it isn't too far off the interstate I'd like to hit it and see what the hype is about.

the unvarnished nonsense
    Without consulting the atlas, I'd say it's a loooong way from I-64 (that's the interstate that runs through Morgantown/Cumberland MD area, right?). If'n y'all were to take I-68 though (runs through Lewisburg, WV), you'd only be about 5 minutes away after ya got into VA. I think the fees are still $2 for parking per day. Douthat's just a shave over an hour from us here in Marlinton. I guess this'll change your mind about Douthat, or possibly which way you travel. What weekend are you talking about, not sure if/when I can ride, as October's calendar is already pretty filled with lots of un-fun things that I must attend anyway. C'est la vie, eh?
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by davis
    Without consulting the atlas, I'd say it's a loooong way from I-64 (that's the interstate that runs through Morgantown/Cumberland MD area, right?). If'n y'all were to take I-68 though (runs through Lewisburg, WV), you'd only be about 5 minutes away after ya got into VA. I think the fees are still $2 for parking per day. Douthat's just a shave over an hour from us here in Marlinton. I guess this'll change your mind about Douthat, or possibly which way you travel. What weekend are you talking about, not sure if/when I can ride, as October's calendar is already pretty filled with lots of un-fun things that I must attend anyway. C'est la vie, eh?
    No, I-68 runs through the Mo'town/Cumberland area. 64/77 goes through S. WV (by Beckely/Hinton areas) into Va. That's the route I plan to take. If it's just a few minutes off the beaten path there, then I'm going to hit it and explore some. I have 2 routes that I can take back to WV. The north or south route. The north goes through Morgantown via I-68, the south goes past Douthat on 64/77. I see the sign for it when I drive by.

I plan to head there morning of Sunday, Oct 30th. About 2.5 hrs from Charleston. Like I said I'd love to have someone show me around.

Members who have read this thread: 0