Stolen Scott Spark 900 Mountain Bike in Northern Virginia- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Stolen Scott Spark 900 Mountain Bike in Northern Virginia

My bike was stolen on May 30th from Annandale, VA. Hoping someone will see it and recognize it. It is all black, with red details. Here is a description-

SCOTT SPARK 900 Full Suspension 29er, size Medium, Black
    FOX CTD front fork, rear shock
    NoTubes ZTR Crest Wheelset
    Magura MT8 disc brakes
    RaceFace Next SL Crankset
    Shimano XTR shifters, front derailleur, pedals, XT rear derailleur
    Ritchey superlogic handlebar and seatpost, WCS C260 stem
    FiZik Tundra 2 saddle
    Stolen Scott Spark 900 Mountain Bike in Northern Virginia-scottspark1.jpg
    Last edited by zzzman20; 10-19-2018 at 08:22 AM.

mtbr member
    Bummer dude. Where in Annandale?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

WkidLAMF
    Feb 2020
    That was one sweet ride! I'm building one up that's like this, will be using lighter Sram components in place of xtr tho. I'm sorry your bike was stolen. Bike thieves are lowdown slime. Whoever stole your bike didn't NEED a bike, they saw a nice bike they WANTED but didn't want to pay (maybe cased it for a while), planned how to steal it and executed their plan and executed your dream in the process. Well, I know it's unlikely, but I hope you got your bike back. Here's a theft story with a happy ending: My brother woke up to some noise around 5AM. Got up to check, saw the gate open to the alley, and garage door unlocked (his fault). Looked in the garage where he kept his brand new several thousand dollar carbon baby - GONE!!!. His blood began to boil (he'd had the bike before this one stolen as well). He jumped in his truck picked a direction and about five miles away he FOUND!!! the guy by chance joyriding his baby. He chased him down in his truck following him offroad into a park until the idiot finally biffed. He told the POS to empty his pockets: wallet, phone etc. and gtf out of his face then called the cops. He got his bike back by pure LUCK!!! He told me something that will always stick with me tho: "I was so angry, I could have killed the guy...just ran him over". That is the emotion a bike thief elicits: homicidal rage.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    zzzman20: Sorry to hear your bike got stolen. Did you report it to the police? If so, did they make a report? Do you have a picture or ever write down the serial number of your bike?

The next question is do you have renters or home owners insurance?

If you did and have all of these then you can at least get what the bike's original cost was back. I had to do this when my commuter bike got stolen at work. I understand you spent more on the bike with upgrades but for what it's worth it's better than not having a bike to ride at all.

I hope you either get your stolen bike back in the same condition you left it or you get the insurance involved and pick out a new bike.
    My bike is all tricked out. It has pedals, a handle bar, a seat and two wheels! H8tRs gunna H8t!

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Um, I think the statute of limitations is at issue here. For the theft and this thread.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GeePhroh View Post
    Um, I think the statute of limitations is at issue here. For the theft and this thread.
    Haha damn, I didn't even notice the time stamp on this thread~ D'oh!
    My bike is all tricked out. It has pedals, a handle bar, a seat and two wheels! H8tRs gunna H8t!