• 08-14-2019
    TwincamRob
    Snowshoe World Cup spectator trip 9/7-9/8
    Hey all, have been kicking around the idea of driving over from Indiana to check out the World Cup XC race at Snowshoe with some friends. We have never been to the area and were looking for recommendations for hotels and places to ride that are close by but not on the race course obviously. Also, if anyone knows the schedule for the weekend that would be awesome.

Any insight is appreciated!
  • 08-15-2019
    Pisgah
  • 08-23-2019
    useport80
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TwincamRob View Post
    Hey all, have been kicking around the idea of driving over from Indiana to check out the World Cup XC race at Snowshoe with some friends. We have never been to the area and were looking for recommendations for hotels and places to ride that are close by but not on the race course obviously. Also, if anyone knows the schedule for the weekend that would be awesome.

Any insight is appreciated!

a few of my friends wanted to ride and spectate the uci dh race, but i called snowshoe and they said the park is closed for a week during the uci race. u might want to call and ask. im not doing a 4-5h drive and not be able to bike
  • 09-03-2019
    rallymaniac
    You can't even ride the WC course after they're all done on Sunday? This is yet another discouragement for me.
  • 09-03-2019
    karthur
    From what I understand it has some large jumps/drops on it that are temporary for the Race and going to be destroyed afterwards.
  • 09-03-2019
    rallymaniac
    I was thinking more about the XC course. Usually people are able to ride that unless there is an official training or race going on.
  • 09-05-2019
    zephxiii
    From Indiana as well and thinking about making the trip. Would be really cool to roll the XC course after all was done!
  • 09-09-2019
    TheDwayyo
    Hope you guys went, it was a blast and there was plenty to ride - I even had a crack at the DH course, though I didn't make it far before the thought of walking back up turned me around.