Snowshoe - Noob unfriendly?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Snowshoe - Noob unfriendly?

I'm not new to riding. Been riding for a few years now and I'm very comfortable on most any xc trail. Going down hill, launching off of stuff, and going fast are my favorite parts of riding and I watch all the youtube vids of Snowshoe thinking "I could definitely do that" but I've never actually ridden downhill. I've heard a lot of people say that Snowshoe is "no joke" and not beginner friendly...how true is that?

mtbr member
    I would say it's untrue... after all, they do offer camps and lessons for beginners! Snowshoe is as "no joke" as you want to make it.

http://media.intrawest.com/snowshoe/...k-map-2012.pdf

This (2 page) map is good... the trails are accurately coded per their difficulty. Every drop is well marked on site. There is a ride-around for nearly every natural/ artificial feature. All of the jumps are tabletops, and rarely above waist high.

Be sure to jockey the appropriate bicycle... geometry/ suspension travel/ reliable/ etc.

mtbr member
    Very cool. I think I could have fun there and be safe. I appreciate the quick no BS response!

mtbr member
    Snowshoe is about as beginner friendly as downhill gets. Many of the trails can easily be ridden on a cross country bike. If your worried you can take one of there lessons that will get you started.

To start with stick to yew-pin, Lucid, Raging Bull Cupp cake, Ball-n-jack and powerline. Take your time and don't be afraid to stop or walk most days there is very little traffic. If you feel good on those start throwing in some blacks like C, OG, D, Pro-DH, etc. Only once you feel like you've mastered those would I start thinking for trying any double blacks like Lower Hare Ball.

Members who have read this thread: 0