Small Drops/Jumps/Ledges Near Newark DE?- Mtbr.com
    Mtbr

Small Drops/Jumps/Ledges Near Newark DE?

Around the Newark Delaware area into the Pennsylvania border area are there any trails, preferably at White Clay Creek or close, that have some 1-2' drops, jumps and ledges that are not man-made like the skills trail at bryan's field?
    2008 Rig

Just hit it with speed
    Quote Originally Posted by dbo43867
    Around the Newark Delaware area into the Pennsylvania border area are there any trails, preferably at White Clay Creek or close, that have some 1-2' drops, jumps and ledges that are not man-made like the skills trail at bryan's field?
    Iron Hill has got a couple I can think of but doesn't have the mileage of middle run/white clay or fairhill. Lots of steep sections and insanely steep(short) climbs. Wear your helmet. Couple of jumps but not motocross or bmx size. Scope out the jumps and landings as they seem to "change".
    Don't hate on the minivan!!!!!!!

Mtbr

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GFisher2001
    Iron Hill has got a couple I can think of but doesn't have the mileage of middle run/white clay or fairhill. Lots of steep sections and insanely steep(short) climbs. Wear your helmet. Couple of jumps but not motocross or bmx size. Scope out the jumps and landings as they seem to "change".
    Thanks! I haven't tried there yet, but I always wear my helmet, and I ride SS so crashing isn't much of an issue. I'll try there with my dad tomorrow I think. Any more trails you guys would suggest?
    2008 Rig

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I guess you could take some drops off a few of the log rides at white clay/middlerun. I know they are man made, but a drop is a drop. T

Go hop down some steps

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Now that I'm thinking about it, there's a few at Brandywine.

Mtbr
    Quote Originally Posted by 88 rex
    Now that I'm thinking about it, there's a few at Brandywine.
    Really? I've been there, but I have only been on the flat trail that runs along the Brandywine, and up the hill for like 1/6 of the trail. Are there more trails from the parking lot near the pumpkin picking farm, because I have not seen any drops? Could you point out some of the trails, and some of the directions to the trails with the drops
    2008 Rig

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Just so I have an idea, what exactly are you looking to do? Dirt jumps, high speed downhill drops, or just roll on up to a ledge and drop off.

There's a dirt jump off of that main trail along the Brandywine. I guess you could go fairly big, but you'll be landing to flat. I think there's also a few spots along that trail where you could drop onto the trail. I know a stream crossing somewhere a little further that i've always wondered if people drop into/across. It's got a decent 2-3 foot drop, but I don't have the courage to do it on my XC bike (only bike). I like to ride hard and fast, but don't like to unneccesarily bend wheels/break frames.

Brandywine/Woodlawn wouldn't be a mecca of jumps/drops but there's plenty of fun stuff to play on, especially if you're feeling creative.

Members who have read this thread: 1