Salisbury, trail (or lack of) help!- Mtbr.com

Jul 2003

New question here. Salisbury, trail (or lack of) help!

Hey ya'll..

I currently live in Salisbury and attend the great Salisbury University..

I arrived here used to biking in West Virginia and local trails in Montgomery County area (where there are hills and lots of cool trails). I have this great salsa rig that I am itching to bike on .. and I havent except around campus since I have been here..

Do any of you know where ANY trails are in the Salisbury area or close by? Of course im not expecting mountains because this is the flattest place ever.. haha
    But I would love maybe some single track with a few obsticles that I can ride often..

Please let me know if anyone has any information..

Thanks so much!

cheers.

-Robb

mtbr member
    Go to NE Maryland and hit up Fairhill. Look on this forum under trail reviews. It's still not the mountains but it's pretty cool up there and miles of single track. It is best to hook up with someone who knows the trails though.
    When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide
    Where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride
    Till I get to the bottom and I see you again...

Helter Skelter

Bikes & Beer
    May 2005
    Man, why would you ever leave WV or Montgomery county for that reason and go to Salisbury? Should have stayed in moco or went to WVU instead. good luck down there riding in all that loose sand/dirt stuff.

Weiner Dog Connoiseur
    Pocomoke State Park is south of Salisbury. I've never ridden there, but it is in the Adams/Fernandez book.

Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by MDrider
    Man, why would you ever leave WV or Montgomery county for that reason and go to Salisbury? Should have stayed in moco or went to WVU instead. good luck down there riding in all that loose sand/dirt stuff.
    hahah I had to transfer schools.. I couldnt stay just for biking, as much as I would have LOVED too...

But thanks for all the help everyone, i appreciate it

May 2005
    There is a MTB park on Naylor Mill Rd. It is adjacent to the new sports complex. The MTB riders that attend Salisbury State know about it. There is also the park down by the Zoo, there was a NORBA event held there some years ago. I have ridden these areas, the one off Naylor Mill Rd is the better of the two and has series of technical stuff, log piles and such.

I have reciently moved to Grand Junction Colorado from the Eastern Shore of MD and will take my first ride here this weekend.

Nov 2005
    [how much for the Salsa rig? What size?

Members who have read this thread: 0