Rockville, MD/DC trails...and commuter info.- Mtbr.com
    Obstacle Assasin

New question here. Rockville, MD/DC trails...and commuter info.

I just moved to the Rockville, MD area a couple of weeks ago and i am trying to get the word on good trail around here. Also I hear tale that there is a good commuter route from Rockville to Bethesda (From around Twinbrook to the Medical Center). Any tips would be great.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

It would be in your interest to PM me

I live in Twinbrook and you live right on top of the Rock Creek bike path. You have a very easy bike commute to the Bethesda Medical Center. Here are the directions:

Get on bike path iether from Viers Mill Rd, Baltimore Rd or next to the Brum athletic fields and turn right towards DC. Bike on path for several miles (8-9 I am guessing). After you go under the beltway (ride for another mile) there will be a path that take you thru a small neighborhood (about 500 yards) to the intersection of Jones Bridge and Jones Mill. Now here I get confused on the street names (direction wise) but you want to cross the road and head straight. This will take you to Wisconsin and Jones Bridge (I think, it could be Jones Mill and Wisconsin, but I get these 2 roads confused). The medical center is here. Actually, so are the bars.

As far as trails, PM me, there are several in Gaithersburg and 1 in Bethesda/Rockville (Cabin John). I can give directions for those.

dhz
    mtbr member
    May 2004
    hey dirtrider,

Here is the link to the local bike club MORE

This list all the trails in the dc/md/va area. Schaefer, Black Hills or Little Bennet would be close to you about 20-30 min drive off of 270.

They also have a thursday weekly ride at Shaefer or Friday night ride at Little bennet.

Hope this helps
    "Life is gonna pass you by no matter what you do. An' if you're afraid to die you damn well better not be afraid to live"

Members who have read this thread: 0