Riding with your dog- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Riding with your dog

All,

I was just curious if anyone could make some suggestions for some real quiet, fairly unused trails in the VA. MD, DC, WV area that I could take my dog on? When I lived in Idaho, my dog used to run with me everywhere, but there I could ride for hours and never see another person. I am not looking for anything too challenging for me, just someplace so that he can get out and run, and be a real dog!

Thanks!
    Ryan.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    All along the western part of VA you'll find trails that are barren except for me and my dog.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Dog

Bird,

Define Western, do you mean Big Stone Gap west or west of Harrisonburg. I wouldn't mind taking my dog out for some rides but everything around Roanoke is too crowded.

Thanks

Jim

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Coachjim7. Got to go a little further out of town. I think Bird is referring to National Forest trails. Most National Forest trails are lightly used - even the ones pretty close to Roanoke or Harrisionburg. They are just not as easy to find or ride as the formal trail systems.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Yes, i was referring to GWNF trails and some of my favorites are way out of town.

Members who have read this thread: 0