Riding buddies, newark?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2017

Riding buddies, newark?

I want to start riding and in the Process of buying my first bike. I am in my late 30’s and would like to get a FS bike.

Where do you locals buy your bike from? Do any of the local store have sales where I can get a good deal on a FS bike? Any recommendation, I would like to also make some friends who I can ride with who can also help me teach maybe a little about how to maintain my bike etc. having kids it’s diffucult find time but I will do my best to go out and ride as much as I can. Having a buddy will encourage me to do’s more.

Hoping to hear from newark locals.

g=9.764m/s2
    Talk to Matt at Henry’s Bike Shop. There are also regular group rides from Henry’s. Check out Trail Spinners and DelMarPa Area Mountain Bikers on Facebook.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Henry's was running a 10% off 2019 bikes and a bigger discount on 2018's. Definitely check them out. The trails are right next to the shop so they can certainly help you out! Also download the "Trailforks" app for your phone. When I've been at White Clay by myself it helps since I've only been back into riding for ~1yr now.

I went Hardtail for my first bike because of cost and simplicity. I also have a young child so I know the struggle of finding time. I'm members of both the FB groups mentioned by @Heist30 above.

Good luck and keep all of us posted!

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by CampbellSoup19 View Post
    Henry's was running a 10% off 2019 bikes and a bigger discount on 2018's. Definitely check them out. The trails are right next to the shop so they can certainly help you out! Also download the "Trailforks" app for your phone. When I've been at White Clay by myself it helps since I've only been back into riding for ~1yr now.

I went Hardtail for my first bike because of cost and simplicity. I also have a young child so I know the struggle of finding time. I'm members of both the FB groups mentioned by @Heist30 above.

Good luck and keep all of us posted!
    Last time I went to henry's after reading psotive google reviews, I was underwhelmed to be honest. I was there with my son to get his bike and we barely go his attention, he was busy with another customer and just rang us up.

I found trek sending more time with me. I will give it another shot and see.

I have decided on the bike, and will buy it online, unless I get some ridiculous deal in the store.

I am a member of the trail spinner FB group, but not sure how to contact other members? I will check the second group mentioned, thanks @Heist30

@CampbellSoup, thanks for the app recommendation, but not sure how to use it, I will play around.

g=9.764m/s2
    Here are three pieces of advice I was given along the way... drivetrain Deore or better, fork Recon or better, hydraulic brakes. These are important because if you get the MTB bug, you'll find yourself looking for upgrade options Non-$top. Add to this list 25mm or wider tubeless capable rims. Check these great low budget FS suggestions in this forum... https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listc...hreadid=210432
    Last edited by Undescended; 01-04-2019 at 07:31 PM.